Philip Jennings > Butcher & Barlow LLP > Frodsham, England > Lawyer Profile
Butcher & Barlow LLP Offices
6 CHURCH STREET
- Go to...
Commercial Property, Private Client
Trained at Butcher & Barlow LLP, Qualified in 2012, Partner in 2016
University of St Andrews (MA, History), College of Law (Chester) – Graduate Diploma in Law (Commendation), Legal Practice Course (Distinction).
Cooking, Cycling and American Football
Butcher & Barlow LLP is noted for its niche expertise in estate planning, inheritance tax mitigation, and related agricultural work for farmers, although the team also advises on the full spectrum of wills, estates, and tax matters. Practice head Christopher Hopkins specialises in trusts and long-term care planning. Mike Bracegirdle covers succession planning, while Philip Jennings and Samuel Dale are key contacts regarding Court of Protection work. Following solicitor Jessica Shore‘s departure in June 2021, the agricultural side of the practice was strengthened after Tim Bailey joined from Bowcock & Pursaill in September 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation