Agustin Hurtado Larrea > Flor Bustamante Pizarro Hurtado Abogados > Edificio Mirage Piso, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Flor Bustamante Pizarro Hurtado Abogados Offices
AV. 12 DE OCTUBRE
N26-48 Y ORELLANA
EDIFICIO MIRAGE PISO 8
- Go to...
Agustin Hurtado Larrea
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Competition and Antitrust
- Labor and Employment
- Dispute Resolution
- For almost 18 years, Agustín has been linked to the hydrocarbon industry throughout the largest private production company in the country, since its arrival in Ecuador and after its acquisition of the previous operator. He has been in charge of several processes regarding the renegotiation of contracts and the daily management of oil contracts.
- For more than 12 years he has led a group of leading retailers in the country (including several of the largest companies in its sector – supermarkets, pharmacies, textiles, etc.), providing legal advice on matters of common interest in tax, labor, competition and foreign trade issues, among others.
- Legal advice in the pre-contractual and contractual processes of a Swiss multinational leader in the provision of security services, before fiscal and custom authorities.
- Legal counsel in an investor-state arbitration representing the investor, a Spanish tuna producer multinational company against the Ecuadorian State, jointly with a North American firm.
- FLOR & HURTADO
Member, July 2017
- ANDES PETROLEUM ECUADOR LTD.
Senior Legal Advisor, 2010
- BUSTAMANTE & BUSTAMANTE
Partner, 2000 to 2017
- UNIVERSIDAD SAN FRANCISCO DE QUITO
Professor of the Oil & gas Chair, 2006 to the present
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF QUITO
Arbitral Secretary, January 2005 to July 2012
- MINISTRY OF FINANCE AND PUBLIC CREDIT OF ECUADOR
General Coordinator, February 1999 to February 2000
- MINISTRY OF GOVERNMENT AND POLICE OF ECUADOR
Personal Assistant to the Minister, August 1998 to January 1999
- MUNICIPALITY OF QUITO
Advisor to Mayor Jamil Mahuad, May 1994 to July 1997
- “Ecuador: Investor-Estate Arbitration 2019”, The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Investor-State Arbitration Laws and Regulations 2019, 1st, Global Legal Group (November 2018).
Spanish, French, English
Pichincha Bar Association
- Institut d’Etudes Politiques de Paris-Fondation Nationale de Sciences Politiques(Paris Institute of Political Studies / Political Science)
Postgraduate in Applied Economics: Diplôme d’Etudes Approfondies (DEA) in Applied Economics, specialization in Corporate Finance – 1998
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador
Lawyer – 1997
Well known for its expertise in the oil and gas, mining and energy sectors, Flor Bustamante Pizarro Hurtado Abogados is highly experienced in advising international companies on cross-border M&A transactions. Mario Alejandro Flor, who is particularly active in the infrastructure sector, leads the team with Agustin Hurtado Larrea. Andrés Ycaza Palacios has a strong mining practice and frequently advises on corporate matters in the energy and natural resources space. At associate level, Juan Carlos Herrera focuses on M&A and cross-border matters, while Carlos Torres Salinas leads the firm’s start-ups practice.
Flor Bustamante Pizarro Hurtado Abogados is active across a range of matters within the energy sector, with notable recent instructions including M&A transactions, cross-border financings, and contract negotiations. The team is also adept at advising clients on the early stages of projects, including precontractual and structuring advice. The group is jointly led by mining specialist Andrés Ycaza Palacios, Agustin Hurtado Larrea, who focuses primarily on oil and gas work, and Mario Alejandro Flor, who is highly experienced in banking and finance matters, with a particular focus on infrastructure financing. At senior associate level, Alejandro Pérez Arellano is a key contact for sovereign-guaranteed financing matters, while Carlos Torres is a figure to note for regulatory and environmental work.