Montserrat Sanchez > Pino Elizalde Abogados > Samborondon, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Pino Elizalde Abogados Offices
PLAZA LAGOS TOWN CENTER
BLOQUE EXEDRA, PISO 1, OFICINA 5
- Go to...
Tax and Customs law
• Teacher of Business Law of the Master in Auditing and Accounting at the Universidad Laica Vicente Rocafuerte de Guayaquil.
• Senior Associate at Pino Elizalde Abogados, Guayaquil, Ecuador – January 2019 – Present.
• Senior Associate at Ferrere, Guayaquil/Quito, Ecuador – August 2017 – December 2018.
• Consultant Manager at FIDESBURÓ, Guayaquil, Ecuador – January 2017 – August 2017.
• Senior Consultant at FIDESBURó, Guayaquil, Ecuador – August 2014 – December 2016.
• Associate at Coronel & Pérez Abogados, Guayaquil, Ecuador – January 2005 – July 2014.
Tax and Customs law; and, Corporate law and M&A.
Spanish and English.
Lawyer Rankings(Firms to watch)
Pino Elizalde Abogados handles a range of tax refund processes, often acting for clients as auditors for documentation sent to the national tax authority; experienced and specialised senior associate Montserrat Sánchez is the name to note.
The corporate practice at Pino Elizalde Abogados undertakes M&A transactions, joint ventures, regulatory compliance, corporate governance and corporate restructurings, and has seen particular growth in terms of transactional mandates related to the real estate and agribusiness-exports sectors over the last couple of years. Clients highlight ‘great teamwork‘ and the firm prides itself on the corporate practice’s thorough integration with its other capabilities – particularly in tax, antitrust, IP, litigation, capital market and compliance. The team is led by name-partner Daniel Pino, who handles strategic corporate matters, corporate restructurings, international investment, financial and capital markets, commercial arbitration & bankruptcy proceedings, typically for clients in the oil, mining and natural resources, brewing & beverages, retail, pharmaceutical and agroindustrial sectors. At associte level, key support comes from dedicated corporate practitioner Fernanda Guzmán, with tax-specialist senior Montserrat Sánchez also leaning into the corporate areas as necessary. Associate Paulette Ocampo left the firm in April 2022 to join the Presidencia de la República del Ecuador as a regulatory specialist.