Viviane Kunisawa > Licks Attorneys > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Licks Attorneys Offices
Rua George Ohm, 230-A/112
Sao Paulo SP
- Go to...
Viviane Kunisawa is a partner at Licks Attorneys and is one of our leaders at our Sao Paulo office. Ms. Kunisawa leads the life science regulatory compliance team including the protection of regulatory data and access to biodiversity. She has extensive expertise on intellectual property, unfair competition and regulatory law, by leading complex patent litigation and regulatory compliance cases. Viviane’s solid experience includes nearly eight years as an in-house counsel at Syngenta, a multinational company in the agribusiness sector, where she managed intellectual property strategies and provided legal support to the government and regulatory affairs departments on the approval of products before the Brazilian government authorities, advising on risk mitigation and value capture, so as to ensure freedom to operate for the business, as well as led advocacy initiatives via industry associations.
- Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section (OAB/RJ);
- Co-chairwoman of the Biotechnology Study Committee, Brazilian Intellectual Property Association (ABPI);
- Member of the Munich Intellectual Property Law Center – MIPLC Alumni Network.
- Ph.D., Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) – Munich, Germany, 2015;
- Research Fellow, Max Planck Instituto for Innovation and Competition (MPI-Munich) – Munich, Germany, 2006-2009;
- Visiting Researcher, Chizaiken (Institute of Intellectual Property – IIP) – Tokyo, Japan, 2007;
- LL.M., Intellectual Property Law. Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) – Munich, Germany, 2006;
- LL.B., Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – 2002.