Rodrigo Machado > Madrona Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Madrona Advogados Offices
FARIA LIMA, 3064 (11TH FLOOR)
SAO PAULO, CEP 01451 000
- Go to...
- Regulatory & Public Law
- Project Finance
- Competition & Antitrust
Rodrigo advises companies operating in regulated sectors, especially in the Electricity Sector and Natural Gas. He advises them in power generation and transmission structuring, including full advisory in Power Auctions, Transmission Auctions, grant proceedings (concession, authorization and registration. He participates in drafting and negotiating contracts that are common in these sectors, such as EPC, O&M, and PPA. He acts in administrative proceedings before ANEEL – National Agency of Electric Power. He provides regulatory advisory services to clients with respect to ANEEL’s acts, CCEE’s Commercialization Rules and Procedures, network procedures and relevant regulatory acts. He has experience in privatizations, corporate transactions involving concessionaires and authorized companies, previous authorization procedures for transfer of control. He also acts in general matters of Public and Administrative Law.
Portuguese, English, Franch, Spanish and Russian
- Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo Section (2009)
- President of the Brazilian Institute of Energy Law Studies – IBDE
- Member of the Energy Law Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association, São Paulo chapter
- Member of the Brazilian Association of Infrastructure and Basic Industries – ABDIB
- Member of the Infrastructure Committee of the France-Brazil Chamber of Commerce – CCIFB
- Member of the International Chamber of Commerce’s Committee on Environment and Energy – ICC Brasil
- Member of the Association of the Energy Cogeneration Industry – COGEN
- École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales – EHESS (Master, 2010)
- Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto (LL.B., 2008)
Acting for clients across a variety of sectors, such as sanitation, social infrastructure, transport, healthcare and logistics, Madrona Advogados‘ service offering covers public law, infrastructure and regulatory matters. São Paulo-based partner Rosane Menezes Lohbauer, who has a solid background in M&A transactions, is predominantly engaged in the structuring of infrastructure projects through concessions and PPPs. Also in São Paulo, Rodrigo Machado is retained by companies operating in regulated sectors, namely power and natural gas, while Rodolfo Tamanaha is the name to note in Brasília for administrative proceedings and litigation before the superior courts.