Eduardo Carmigniani > Carmigniani Pérez Abogados > Guayaquil, Ecuador > Lawyer Profile
Carmigniani Pérez Abogados Offices
AV 9 DE OCTUBRE 100
EDIFICIO LA PREVISORA, OF. 2202
- Go to...
- Arbitration and litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions
Recognized as a leader in conflict resolution, a skilled negotiator and litigant tactician. Represents clients before national and international arbitral tribunals, and in the comprehensive development of sophisticated and creative strategies to resolve complex litigations, particularly in commercial, banking, telecommunications, competition, between shareholders and before administrative authorities disputes.
In the practice of mergers and acquisitions, provides advice for the acquisition of Ecuadorian companies by foreign companies.
- Part of the Latin American Arbitration Group of the International Court of Arbitration (ICC)
- Arbitrator, Chamber of Commerce Quito.
- President of the Ecuadorian chapter of the “Club Español del Arbitraje.”
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Arbitration Center, Chamber of Commerce Guayaquil since 2008.
- Former ICSID arbitrator.
- Former president of the Ecuadorian Arbitration Institute (2011-2018), of the Arbitration Center, Chamber of Commerce Guayaquil (2006-2007) and of the Ecuadorian Academy of Corporate Law (2005-2008) .
- He has been a member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (2009-2015).
- He was a consultant to the IDB for the drafting of the Law on Credit Bureaus.
- He participated as member of the Banking Board (1998-2000).
- In 1996 he was part of the Commission that designed the draft Law on Arbitration and Mediation of Ecuador.
- He was a professor of commercial law and banking law at the Universidad Católica de Guayaquil (1993-2004) and banking regulation at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito.
- Universidad Católica Santiago de Guayaquil, Lawyer.
Carmigniani Pérez Abogados acts for a range of banks, investment funds and corporate borrowers. Roxana Aguirre Avilés has a broad corporate and finance practice that ranges from contracts and company law to banking, finance and capital markets’ matters – particularly notes issuances and securitisation. Senior partner Pedro Pérez advises on banking regulatory matters, and also handles financial due diligence – particularly for interbank loans; fellow name partner Eduardo Carmigniani also has a banking and finance aspect to his practice.
Carmigniani Pérez Abogados remains a leader in disputes and is very highly-regarded for its expertise when representing foreign and domestic clients in arbitration before the ICC and domestic forums. With ‘excellent litigators’, the practice also acts in a range of proceedings, with recent cases ranging from annulment challenges to large-scale litigation in the construction sector. Hugo García-Larriva is active in this regard; he co-heads the practice and recently lead a case on behalf of Sinohydro by filing four claims against Ecuador’s General Comptroller’s Office in connection with an infrastructure project. Expert arbitrator Eduardo Carmigniani and fellow arbitration specialist Álvaro Galindo co-lead the practice alongside García, with Galindo having joined the firm from Dechert LLP’s Washington DC office in January 2021. Further changes to the team include the promotion of Daniel Dzioba to the partnership in January 2022, and the departure of former senior associate Priscilla Falconi to Falconi Puig Abogados in July 2021.