André Castilho > Souto Correa Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV PRES. JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK, 2041
TORRE D, 8 ANDAR, COMPLEXO JK
SAO PAULO, SP, 04543-011
- Go to...
Environmental and Sustainability
André Castilho has experience in all areas of environmental law subjects in both consulting and litigation (administrative and judicial), advising and representing clients from various industries, especially the industrial, mining, sanitation, and waste management sectors.
He has published research on environmental civil liability, environmental contracts, waste management and climate change. He also has experience of corporate operations, including environmental due diligence.
Portuguese (native), English, French, and Spanish
- Master’s candidate at both the University of São Paulo and the University Lumière Lyon 2 (France).
- Specialist’s degree in environmental law from the Law for a Green Planet Institute. (2022)
- Bachelor of Laws from both the University of São Paulo and the University Lumière Lyon 2 (France). (2018)
Souto Correa Advogados acts for a range of longstanding and new clients from a range of industries, including forestry, energy, real estate, infrastructure and chemicals, which seek assistance in relation to their most complex environmental challenges. The team, which is primarily based in Porto Alegre, has strong credentials in environmental litigation, but is also seen with great regularity advising on the environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions. Fabiana Figueiro is a ‘very competent professional within the area‘, who routinely handles environmental licensing and mandates concerning contaminated sites and reverse logistics. Juliana Pretto Stangherlin attracts instructions from forestry, pulp and paper, and energy clients in relation to compliance and environmental risk assessments. Mariana Vicente Níquel joined from Lefosse Advogados in October 2021 and reinforced the firm’s offering in carbon markets, transactions and licensing. The team was further reinforced by the arrivals of Tasso Cipriano and André Castilho from Felsberg Advogados in July 2022, who bring substantial experience in issues relating to waste management, contaminated sites and ESG.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Transport: Aviation