Anderson Ribeiro > Souto Correa Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV PRES. JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK, 2041
TORRE D, 8 ANDAR, COMPLEXO JK
SAO PAULO, SP, 04543-011
- Go to...
Life Sciences and Healthcare; Compliance; Consumer and Product Liability; and Intellectual Property
Partner and head of the firm´s Life Sciences and Healthcare practice.
Anderson Ribeiro has extensive expertise handling cutting-edge litigation and counseling cases in the Life Sciences & Healthcare sector. In addition, he is expert in product recalls, compliance, and anti-corruption matters, focusing on the needs of the health sciences industry.
He has a distinguished track record in cases involving regulation, government acquisitions, and industrial property before agencies such as the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa), the Ministry of Agriculture (MAPA), and the National Health Agency (ANS), as well as in proceedings before the Federal Audit Court (TCU), the Ministry of Health, the National Institute of Metrology, Quality, and Technology (Inmetro), and state and municipal health departments.
He represents national and multinational companies from the most varied sectors, with a special focus on biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, health products, food, cosmetics, sanitizing products, pesticides, veterinary products, and emerging technologies.
Portuguese (native), and English.
- Member of Rio de Janeiro Trade Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (SINFAR-RJ).
- Member of the Brazilian Trade Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (SINDUSFARMA).
- Professor of the Executive Course of Access to the market of medicines and pharmaeconomy at the Brazilian Health System – SINDUSFARMA (2017-2021).
- Specialist in Regulatory Impact Analysis from LUISS (Italy), 2017.
- LL.M in Intellectual Property from Queen Mary (UK), 2013.
- Master of Laws in Competition Law and Regulation from the University of Lisbon (Portugal) – 2012.
- Bachelor of Laws from the State University of Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), 2005 .
Souto Correa Advogados invested heavily in its life sciences offering, bringing in several individuals and successfully establishing a new practice group. Following his move from Kasznar Leonardos Intellectual Property , Anderson Ribeiro spearheads the team, bringing with him a large client portfolio. In addition, Matheus Montecasciano , Leticia Pimental , Isabella Fidell and Lucas Calabria have also joined. The team’s expertise covers pharmaceutical, food, cosmetics, medical devices and agribusiness-sector multinational and Brazilian companies investing in and expanding their operations in Brazil. Paulo Rosito , who was previously in-house counsel at US-based company Alexion Pharmaceuticals, also recently joined the firm.
Souto Correa Advogados‘ IP practice renders ‘excellent service promptly’. Notable in particular for its entertainment-related IP capabilities, the team manages copyright, trade mark and patent portfolios for a number of high-profile Brazilian companies and individuals. The team advises clients from a broad scope of industries, including entertainment and mining. Leticia Provedel is praised for her ‘excellent professional reputation’ in the music sector, advising on cross-border protection, enforcement and operations. The IP practice at the firm was further bolstered by the arrival of life sciences specialist Anderson Ribeiro and his team of five from Kasznar Leonardos Intellectual Property. Michele Pinheiro and Tatiana Ortiz de Almeida joined from Murta Goyanes Advogados, strengthening the firm’s trade mark and patent expertise. Mariana Vicentini is an ‘outstanding trade mark lawyer’, and Cassio Rodrigues is also a key individual within the department.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons