Fernando Pellenz > Souto Correa Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV PRES. JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK, 2041
TORRE D, 8 ANDAR, COMPLEXO JK
SAO PAULO, SP, 04543-011
- Go to...
Agribusiness; Corporate Law and M&A; Restructuring and Insolvency; and Timberland
Partner and head of the firm´s Agribusiness practice.
Fernando Pellenz provides legal counseling to agricultural cooperatives, cereal farmers, and rural producers based on his expertise in the agribusiness industry and forest investment matters.
He has in-depth knowledge of rural credit, agribusiness securities, risk mitigation and credit recovery analysis, including precautionary and seizure procedures involving crops, livestock, and other agribusiness assets.
Fernando also has experience in the negotiation and drafting of contracts pertaining to rural activities, such as commodities purchase and sale agreements, partnerships, and rural real estate leases, as well as the economic and financial restructuring of agricultural cooperatives.
Portuguese (native), and English
- Member of the Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr)
- Member of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/RS)
- Member of the Laws and Regulations Committee of the Brazilian Rural Society (SRB)
- Guest lecturer of the post-graduate program in Agribusiness from the Universal Institute of Marketing in Agribusiness (I-UMA)
- Master’s student in Agribusiness at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
- Bachelor of Laws from Faculdade de Direito Santo André (FADISA), 2006
- LL.M. Specialist in Business Rights (3rd Edition) from University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS) – ongoing.
- New Brazilian Agribusiness Securities: Formation, Issuance, Risk Assessment and Pricing course from the Brazilian Stock Exchange (B3), 2013
- Extension Course on Strategic Management and Business Contract Drafting from the University of Vale do Rio dos Sinos (UNISINOS), 2013
- Course Rural Credit– Rural Credit Manual (MCR) from the Febraban Institute of Education, 2014
Souto Correa Advogados has ‘a dynamic, innovative and collaborative’ approach. The Porto Alegre-based team ‘is extremely technical and committed to the projects it works on’. The firm represents domestic and international creditors and debtors with interests across the country. Founding partner and corporate expert Gilberto Deon Corrêa Júnior leads the team alongside Luis Felipe Spinelli, ‘a great lawyer‘ who is ‘always striving for excellence’. Fernando Pellenz has a good reputation for agribusiness-related restructurings and ‘has an excellent relationship with his clients and always seeks to innovate in his area of expertise’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Transport: Aviation