Fernando Ayres > Souto Correa Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV PRES. JUSCELINO KUBITSCHEK, 2041
TORRE D, 8 ANDAR, COMPLEXO JK
SAO PAULO, SP, 04543-011
- Go to...
Tax law, Environmental; Social and Governance (ESG); and Basic Sanitation
In addition to providing consulting services, Fernando Ayres represents clients in tax litigation at the judicial and administrative levels. His primary focus is on drafting legal opinions and opinions regarding tax matters, as well as tax and infrastructure incentives, negotiation and drafting of agreements with states and municipalities, and other matters pertaining to customs and international trade.
Fernando also has extensive experience in issues related to third sector entities and is a member of the firm’s multidisciplinary ESG team.
In addition, he practices in the area of basic sanitation, focusing on matters relating to the environment and taxes.
Portuguese (native), and English
- Post-graduate diploma in Third Sector Law from Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) – 2005
- Post-graduate diploma in Business Management/Tertiary Sector Entities from Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV) – 2004
- Executive MBA from Insper – 2003
- Bachelor of Laws from the Mackenzie University Law School – 1997
Souto Correa Advogados ‘combines a deep and technical knowledge of tax with a wide practice in the area‘. Clients appreciate the team’s ‘assertive communication, business knowledge and extraordinary reaction time‘, and that the lawyers are ‘always being updated on trends and guidelines of the higher courts‘. In addition to direct and indirect tax disputes, the firm has good experience in tax consulting and customs controls. Split between Porto Alegre and São Paulo, the team has a deep bench, including the highly rated Anderson Trautman Cardoso, who ensures ‘the technical quality of the discussions‘. Litigator Henry Gonçalves Lummertz ‘has unparalleled legal knowledge and is uniquely kind‘. Fernando Ayres and Giácomo Paro are also noted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons