Fabiana Figueiro > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Environmental and Sustainability; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG); Basic Sanitation
head of the firm´s Environmental and Sustainability practice.
Fabiana Figueiró focuses on the area of environmental licensing, water resources, mining, basic sanitation, contaminated areas, and solid waste.
Her broad experience includes remarkable performance in environmental litigation and civil investigation, as well as conversations with public authorities for drafting terms of conduct adjustment.
She is also notable for her work in business-representative institutions, including participation in councils and committees that are responsible for the development of public environmental policies at the regional and national levels.
Fabiana’s work also involves counseling national and international clients on complex and sensitive environmental matters connected to ESG and basic sanitation.
Portuguese (native), and English
- Counselor at the Environment and Sustainability Council (CODEMA) of the Federation of Industries of Rio Grande do Sul (FIERGS)
- President of the Associação Gaúcha dos Advogados de Direito Ambiental Empresarial (Rio Grande do Sul Association of Corporate Environmental Lawyers) (AGAAE)
- Director at the Brazilian Union of Environmental Law (UBAA)
- Director of the Brazilian Association of Sanitary and Environmental Engineering, Section RS (ABES)
- Member of the Environment Committee (CMA) of the Brazilian Chamber of Construction Industry (CBIC)
- Counselor of FIERGS at the Municipal Environmental Council of Porto Alegre (including the Technical Chamber of Legislation and Environmental Education).
- Member of the Environment Committee of Sindienergia/RS
- Member of the ESG Commission of IBRADEMP – Brazilian Institute of Business Law
- Master’s degree in environmental law from the University of Caxias do Sul (UCS) – 2014
- Specialist in Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure by the Cultural Development Institute (IDC) – 2010
- Specialist in Environmental Law from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUC-RS) – 2008
- Bachelor of Laws from PUC-RS- 2004
Souto Correa Advogados acts for a range of longstanding and new clients from a range of industries, including forestry, energy, real estate, infrastructure and chemicals, which seek assistance in relation to their most complex environmental challenges. The team, which is primarily based in Porto Alegre, has strong credentials in environmental litigation, but is also seen with great regularity advising on the environmental aspects of corporate and real estate transactions. Fabiana Figueiro is a ‘very competent professional within the area‘, who routinely handles environmental licensing and mandates concerning contaminated sites and reverse logistics. Juliana Pretto Stangherlin attracts instructions from forestry, pulp and paper, and energy clients in relation to compliance and environmental risk assessments. Mariana Vicente Níquel joined from Lefosse Advogados in October 2021 and reinforced the firm’s offering in carbon markets, transactions and licensing. The team was further reinforced by the arrivals of Tasso Cipriano and André Castilho from Felsberg Advogados in July 2022, who bring substantial experience in issues relating to waste management, contaminated sites and ESG.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons