Anderson Trautman Cardoso > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Anderson Trautman Cardoso
Tax; Energy; and Startup Hub
One of the founding partners of Souto Correa Advogados, Anderson is a specialist in Tax Law from the Brazilian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET) and a specialist in Tax, Financial and Economic Law from the Federal University of the state of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). He attended the Management Program for Lawyers (MPL) at Yale University, New Haven (USA) and the Advanced Management Program (PGA) of the Fundação Dom Cabral in partnership with INSEAD in Fontainebleau (FR).
He is the current President of the Federation of Business Entities of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL), Vice-President of the Confederation of Brazilian Commercial and Business Associations (CACB), and Coordinator of the Entity’s Legal Committee. He is a member of the Fundação Escola Superior de Direito Tributário (FESDT), the Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Tributário (IBDT) and the International Fiscal Association (IFA). He has authored a number of essays and books on tax law, such as “non-cumulative taxation of ICMS: normative dimension and efficacy”.
He has been recognized by international magazines such as “Legal 500” and “Leaders League” as one of the most esteemed tax lawyers. His professional experience includes tax consultancy and tax litigation, as well as representation of clients in negotiations with public agencies and before the superior courts.
He provides counseling to national and international clients from different economic sectors in complex transactional cases, especially in the energy, petrochemical, and technology sectors.
Portuguese (native), and English
- Member of the Foundation School of Tax Law (FESDT).
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Tax Law (IBDT).
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Advanced Management Program from Fundação Dom Cabral/INSEAD, 2017.
- Management Program for Lawyers from Yale University (EUA), 2011.
- Fellow of “Center of American and International Law”, in Dallas (EUA), 2010.
- 47th Annual Academy of American and International Law (Center of American and International Law, Dallas, USA, 2010)
- Specialist’s degree in Tax, Financial and Economic Law from the Federal University of the state of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), 2006.
- Specialist’s degree in Tax Law from the Brazilian Institute of Tax Studies (IBET), 2003.
- Post-graduate degree from Escola Superior da Magistratura (AJURIS), 2001.
- Bachelor of Legal and Social Sciences from UNISINOS, 1999.
- President of the Federation of Commercial and Services Associations of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL)
- Advisor to the Federation of Commerce of the State of Rio Grande do Sul (Fecomércio/RS).
- Advisor to the Brazilian Service of Support to Micro and Small Enterprises (SEBRAE/RS).
- Vice-president of the Confederation of Commercial and Business Associations of Brazil (CACB).
- Coordinator of the Legal Committee of the Confederation of Commercial and Business Associations of Brazil (CACB).
Souto Correa Advogados stands out for the breadth of its tax practice, which undertakes advisory and contentious work, as well as customs control and regulatory issues on behalf of domestic and international clients from a variety of sectors. The team has a strong track record in administrative and judicial disputes, including high-stake cases before the higher courts. On the advisory side, it excels in tax planning, matters related to the Free Trade Zone of Manaus, tax benefits and tariffs on imports and exports. Pedro Demartini, who is experienced in tax regulation and litigation, oversees the national practice from São Paulo. In Porto Alegre, Anderson Trautman Cardoso is a key contact for complex tax litigation, while André Luiz Da Silva Gomes focuses on corporate tax. Associate Valter Tremarin Junior is recommended for administrative matters before the CARF.
Souto Correa Advogados ‘combines a deep and technical knowledge of tax with a wide practice in the area‘. Clients appreciate the team’s ‘assertive communication, business knowledge and extraordinary reaction time‘, and that the lawyers are ‘always being updated on trends and guidelines of the higher courts‘. In addition to direct and indirect tax disputes, the firm has good experience in tax consulting and customs controls. Split between Porto Alegre and São Paulo, the team has a deep bench, including the highly rated Anderson Trautman Cardoso, who ensures ‘the technical quality of the discussions‘. Litigator Henry Gonçalves Lummertz ‘has unparalleled legal knowledge and is uniquely kind‘. Fernando Ayres and Giácomo Paro are also noted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Transport: Aviation