Valter Tremarin Junior > Souto Correa Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Souto Correa Advogados Offices
AV CARLOS GOMES, 700
PORTO ALEGRE, RS CEP 90480-000
- Go to...
Valter Tremarin Junior
Valter Tremarin Junior practices in the Tax and Customs area, providing legal counselling to clients in consultancy and in administrative and judicial litigation.
He assists companies from a wide range of industries, especially those from the energy, technology, transportation, petrochemical, and civil construction sectors, in addition to exporting and importing companies in general.
He has published several articles in the areas of Tax and Customs Law and has also attended several courses in these areas.
Portuguese (native), and English
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM/RS)
- Member of the Brazil-Germany Chamber of Commerce (AHK)
- Secretary-General of the Special Commission on Maritime, Port, Customs and Waterway Law of OAB/RS
- Member of the Foreign Trade Division of the Federation of Business Entities of Rio Grande do Sul (FEDERASUL)
- Participant in Local Committees for Trade Facilitation (COLFACs) of the Brazilian Federal Revenue Service
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Souto Correa Advogados stands out for the breadth of its tax practice, which undertakes advisory and contentious work, as well as customs control and regulatory issues on behalf of domestic and international clients from a variety of sectors. The team has a strong track record in administrative and judicial disputes, including high-stake cases before the higher courts. On the advisory side, it excels in tax planning, matters related to the Free Trade Zone of Manaus, tax benefits and tariffs on imports and exports. Pedro Demartini, who is experienced in tax regulation and litigation, oversees the national practice from São Paulo. In Porto Alegre, Anderson Trautman Cardoso is a key contact for complex tax litigation, while André Luiz Da Silva Gomes focuses on corporate tax. Associate Valter Tremarin Junior is recommended for administrative matters before the CARF.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax > Customs
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Intellectual property
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Labour and employment
- Life sciences
- Real estate
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- TMT: Media
- Corporate and M&A
- Transport: Aviation
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons