Mr Yves Hayaux-du-Tilly L. > Nader, Hayaux y Goebel, SC > Mexico City, Mexico > Lawyer Profile
Nader, Hayaux y Goebel, SC Offices
TORRE ARCOS, PASSEO DE LOS TAMARINDOS 400 B
7th FLOOR COL. BOSQUES DE LAS LOMAS
MEXICO, D.F. 05120
- Go to...
Mr Yves Hayaux-du-Tilly L.
Yves specialises in finance, mergers & acquisitions and corporate law and is widely recognized as one of Mexico´s leading insurance and reinsurance experts.
Partner. Head of NHG insurance and reinsurance practice and managing partner of NHG’s London office.
Yves advises multinational clients and foreign investors on financing transactions, mergers & acquisitions and other operations involving the Mexican market. He has a particularly strong experience in the insurance sector and regularly handles high-end transactions for key insurance sector clients. He also heads NHG’s pioneering London office and as such is ideally located to advise both insurance companies and other major corporations based in Europe on transactions and business involving Mexico.
English, French and Spanish.
– Founder of the Mexican Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain (MexCC) and Chairman since 2010.
– Member of the Mexican Association of Insurance and Bonding Law (AMEDESEF), Mexican Chapter of AIDA since 1998 and Member of its Governing Board (2003-09), Chairman (2006-09), and Vice-Chairman (2009-12).
– Member of the Presidential Council of International Association of Insurance Law (AIDA) since 2010, Vice President of its Iberian Latin American Committee (CILA) (2010-14).
– Member of the American Bar Association since 2003, Vice-Chairman of its Mexican Law Committee (2005-07), Co-Chairman of such Committee (2007-08); Co-Chairman of its Transnational Legal Practice Committee (2014-16).
– Honorary Member of the Commercial Bar Association in England (COMBAR) since 2008.
– Member of COMEXI since 2018.
– Qualified as a Mexican lawyer in 1994.
– Foreign associate at Mayer Brown in its New York Offices (1997-98).
– Professor of Corporate Governance at the Law School of the Universidad Panamericana (2006-10).
– Professor of the LLM on Corporate Law of the Universidad Panamericana (2006-10).
– Lecturer on reinsurance law in the Escuela Libre de Derecho (2015-17).
Yves is an active member of Club Universidad Nacional, A.C. (PUMAS), since the year 2000, the football club he supports in Mexico City.
The 10-strong team at Nader, Hayaux y Goebel, SC offers ‘great communication and commitment’. The lawyers ‘are very knowledgeable and have the ability to take that knowledge and apply it and offer practical and constructive advice’. The group works on the side of creditors and debtors, handling restructurings and workouts and related litigation, also working internationally. In highlight work, practice co-heads Michell Nader (‘knowledgeable, pleasant to work with, insightful and constructive’) and Javier Arreola continued to represent the largest group of creditors in the $1.7bn insolvency and workout of Altos Hornos de México (AHMSA), the country’s largest steel manufacturer that was in suspension of payments for 17 years; and PGIM Real Estate (formerly Prudential Real Estate Investors – PREI) in the $3.7m restructuring of a real estate portfolio developed with ViveICA, which was in payment default under its joint venture with the client, with the payment obligations guaranteed by Empresas ICA. In other work PGIM Real Estate was assisted by Nader and Julián Garza in the restructuring of another real estate portfolio, valued at $700m and developed in conjunction with Mexican housing developer Urbi, and in executing amendments to agreements relating to the restructuring of another portfolio, valued at $250m and developed with GEO. Hans Goebel continued to assist Oro Negro, a Pemex oil rig contractor, in its multi-jurisdictional $1bn insolvency. Other key practitioners include Yves Hayaux-du-Tilly L. and senior associate Lucía Laganá. Other clients include Bank of America, Barclays Bank, Rabobank, Danske Bank, and Sumitomo Mitsui Bank.