Mr Eugenio Torres > Ferraiuoli LLC > Hato Rey, Puerto Rico > Lawyer Profile
Ferraiuoli LLC Offices
221 PONCE DE LEÓN AVENUE
917, HATO REY
- Go to...
Mr Eugenio Torres
Intellectual Property & Technology
Managing Partner and Chair of Intellectual Property & Technology Department
Eugenio J. Torres-Oyola is a Capital Member, Managing Partner of the ﬁrm and the Chair of its Intellectual Property Practice Group. He concentrates his practice on intellectual property and technology, and entertainment law.
Since 2001, Eugenio has been an adjunct professor of the University of Puerto Rico School of Law where he has taught elective courses in Patent Law Practice, Cyber Law, and International Patent Law Practice. He is currently teaching an Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship Clinic course that is certiﬁed by the USPTO under its Law School Certification Program having received one the first certifications in the United States.
Eugenio has published multiple articles relating to intellectual property and/or internet law and is a frequent and prominent speaker at events and seminars relating to intellectual property, technology, and internet law. As a result of his widely recognized knowledge and experience in intellectual property and technology law, he is actively involved in leadership positions in several associations or groups promoting the development of the technology industry in Puerto Rico. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Puerto Rico Information Technology Cluster. He is a founding member and a member of the Board of Directors and current President of EO Puerto Rico Chapter and he is also a member of YPO’s Puerto Rico Chapter. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Internet Society of Puerto Rico, the Luis Muñoz Marín Foundation, and Piloto Labs.
Eugenio is an active promoter of high impact entrepreneurship and angel investing in Puerto Rico. He has collaborated for many years with Grupo Guayacán, where he is also sits in the Board of Directors, as well as other non-proﬁt entities such as the Puerto Rico Science and Technology Trust, Small Business Technology Development Center, C3Tec, Colmena66, Puerto Rico Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, and the Young Entrepreneurship Education System in the furthering of entrepreneurship on the Island. He also assisted in the development of an Innovation and Entrepreneurship platform for the 2012 Gubernatorial Election in Puerto Rico. Prior to becoming one of the founders of Ferraiuoli in 2003, Eugenio was an associate at McConnell Valdés, where he was member of the Environmental Law Practice Group and the Intellectual Property Law Practice Group as well as a founding member of the Internet and Patent Law Practice Group. In addition, following his time in McConnell Valdés he was the proprietor of Torres-Oyola Law Ofﬁces and concentrated his practice in intellectual property law.
English and Spanish
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Co-Chair Latin America Committee
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member of Internet Committee 2012-2016
- INTA Member of Brands & Innovation Committee 2016-2020
- INTA Member of Law Firms Committee 2020-present
- Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers Intellectual Property Constituency
- National Association of Patent Law Practitioners
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA)
- ECTA Member of Anti-Counterfeiting Committee 2016-present
- Federal Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Communications Law Sections
- Interamerican Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- ASIPI Alternate National Delegate for US, 2012-2018
- ASIPI Entrepreneurship Committee, 2018-present
- ASIPI Law Firms Administration Committee, 2015-2018
- ASIPI Patents Committee (2012-2015)
- ASIPI Information Technology Committee (2009-2012)
- Association of Intellectual Property Firms
- Hispanic National Bar Association Board of Governors, Region XIX President (2017-present)
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Intellectual Property Committee
- Board of Directors EO Puerto Rico Chapter 2015-present, Incoming President
- Board of Directors Luis Muñoz Marín Foundation, 2009-present
- Board of Directors Grupo Guayacan, Inc. 2019-present
- Board of Directors Puerto Rico IT Cluster, 2020-present
- Board of Directors Internet Society Puerto Rico Chapter 2001-2015
- Best Lawyers Advisory Board
- University of Puerto Rico Intellectual Property Institute
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sloan School of Business Entrepreneurship Development Program, 2009
University of Puerto Rico School of Law, J.D., 1998
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S. in Environmental Engineering, 1993
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
With a 13-strong group of seasoned patent, trade mark and copyright professionals, Ferraiuoli LLC‘s IP and technology department has established a strong position in the Puerto Rican market. With ‘absolute command of intellectual property‘ and an ever-increasing pool of clients not only from Puerto Rico but also the US, the team – led by well-regarded partner Eugenio Torres – assists healthcare, energy, entertainment and telecoms companies in cases of breach of contract, damages, publicity rights and patents. Jean Vidal co-ordinates the patent infringement litigation practice and the IP transactional practice. In recent highlights, Torres and Vidal co-led on matters of patent invalidity and declaratory actions. Victor Rodriguez and associate Rafael Rodriguez are also names to note.