Consortium Legal > León, Nicaragua > Firm Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
DE LA IGLESIA LA RECOLECCION 1C.
AL NORTE, 1/2C
AL OESTE, LEON
Consortium Legal > The Legal 500 RankingsConsortium Legal continues to be a leader in the corporate and finance practice areas, assisting national and multinational corporations and financial institutions with a comprehensive range of matters. Headed by foreign investment authority Rodrigo Taboada and financial and corporate restructuring expert Olga Barreto, the full-service practice covers company incorporation and market strategy, M&A, due diligence, regulatory compliance and related tax matters, in addition to subordinated agreements, guaranteed and unsecured credit lines, joint ventures and project finance. Former General Secretary of the Ministry of Justice of Nicaragua Martha Lorena Icaza and senior associate Meyling Sampson, a free trade zone restructuring specialist, provide support. The team’s active client base includes household names Nestlé and Caterpillar and spans the food and beverages, financial services, energy, retail, telecoms and tech sectors.
‘It is a well-rounded firm with many years of experience and an excellent team that enjoys great prestige nationally and internationally and has quality professionals.’
‘The team’s experience, knowledge and time in the market is what makes its client service so high quality. The firm’s lawyers are available seven days a week, and they are creative, intelligent, able to work under stress and able to provide solutions.’
‘We appreciate the constant follow-up and attention, over the years, to our company’s legal matters, which means the team has an immediate understanding of any issues raised and can advise on the correct approach to the problem. This is efficient in time and cost.’
‘Martha Lorena Icaza and Olga Barreto stand out for their intellectual capability, legal knowledge, interest in our affairs, honesty and professional attitude.’
‘Efficient. Immediate responses. Personalised client service.’
Grupo San José
Canadian Bank Note
- Advised the Central America Bottling Corporation (CBC) on the issuance and sale of an additional principal amount of 5.250% senior guaranteed sustainability linked notes due 2029 for an amount of over $1bn.
- Assisted Deutsche Investitions with a transaction consisting of the ratification of addenda, waivers and consent to a loan agreement, term extension and maintenance of security interests by Momotombo Power Company – MPC.
- Advised COFIDES and ICO on the financing of a fishing company in Nicaragua, which is affiliated with fishing companies in Spain.
‘Consortium’s litigation and arbitration team is highly efficient and has the ability to react quickly to cases that are highly complex and require the management of multidisciplinary teams. In our experience in Nicaragua, we have not dealt with other firms with solid teams in the area of litigation and arbitration that have the expertise that we appreciate in the Consortium team.’
‘The lawyers in the Consortium litigation and arbitration team are distinguished by their solid knowledge of the client’s matter and the particularities of the market. The team enjoy general recognition for their experience and qualifications.’
‘Gerardo Hernandez is an expert in conflict resolution with a great ability to approach cases with a strategic vision and to anticipate the actions of the counterparty.’
‘Sergio Escobar impressed us favourably with his ability to quickly organise the team’s work in order to respond to the demands of the case.’
Nicaragua > Real estate Tier 2‘Particularly adept at handling multi-jurisdictional issues’, the real estate and registry team at Consortium Legal employs the deep bench strength of its offices in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua to assist regional and multinational corporations such as Del Monte and Colgate with a diverse range of matters across the practice area. Helmed by Carlos Taboada, who brings 19 years of experience to the real estate area, and senior associate Brenda Martinez, a specialist in the purchase and registration of urban and rural properties, the group advises on tax matters, asset protection, regulatory compliance, due diligence and free trade zone transactions. The practice displays particular strength in the retail, tourism and apparel sectors.
‘The firm is particularly adept at handling multi-jurisdictional issues throughout Central America and partnerships in the US.’
‘The team is responsive and creative, has strong language skills and offers practical solutions.’
Del Mar Apparel
Bella + Canvas
- Advised Del Mar Apparel on the execution of a property acquisition in Puerto Cortés, Honduras, including the real estate and equipment of a free trade zone factory.
- Advised BC Logistics on the free trade zone authorisation and ten-year lease of a warehouse for an apparel factory at Saratoga Industrial Park.
- Advised on the free trade zone authorisation and ten-year lease of a warehouse for an apparel factory at Opinsa Industrial Park.
German Investment Corporation (DEG)
- Providing continued legal assistance to Honduran oil company Uno.
‘Good local management of intellectual property issues.’
‘Darliss Gordon stands out for her excellent client service and knowledge, and good handling of IP procedures.’
‘They are very rapid and precise in their advice on trade mark registrations and investigations.’
‘The team stand out for their attitude and sense of urgency in responding to our requests.’
The Canadian Bank Note
Laboratorios Químico-Farmacéuticos Lancasco
Genomma Lab Internacional
- Advising CMI in the protection and management of its IP portfolio.
- Assisted WeWork with the filing and protection of trade marks in Nicaragua.
- Advised Hijos de Rivera on the filing and protection of its trade marks in Nicaragua.