Mr Diego Alejos > Consortium Legal > Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala > Lawyer Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
DIAGONAL 6 10-01 ZONA 10 CENTRO GERENCIAL LAS MARGARITS TORRE II
- Go to...
Mr Diego Alejos
Banking & Finance
Diego is a practice partner at Consortium Legal – Guatemala. He has more than 10 years of experience in legal advice for public and private companies. He specializes in the financial services and fintech, insurance and insurtech sectors, and capital markets area. He has provided legal advice to several national and foreign banks on the structuring of loans, financing structures, and debt issuance in capital markets. He has counseled insurance companies on different regulatory procedures before banking and securities market regulators. He has also developed experience in corporate transactions through his participation in several mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining the firm, he was in charge of regulatory and corporate affairs for one of the country’s largest financial groups.
- Issuance by the Republic of Guatemala of the 2019 Eurbonds in international markets for an amout of US$1,2000,000,000.00
- AVH Convertible Loan Secured Financing – Advice to United Airlines on the review of the credit facility granted to Avianca under NY law and structuring of the local guarantee package to be granted by local Avianca subsidiaries in Guatemala.
- Advised the Inter-American Investment Corporation (“IDB Invest”) as lender, and as agent on behalf of Inter-American Development Bank, on the $75 million subordinated loan facility granted to Banco G&T Continental, S.A, to be used support the borrower’s Tier II capital and to originate sub-loans to sub-borrowers in Guatemala.
Spanish and English
Member, College of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala
Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Candidate, Master of Laws (LL.M.) specialization in Banking, Insurance and Financial Markets, Universidad de San Carlos, Guatemala and Universidad de Valencia, Spain (2019)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) specialization in Business Law, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile (2011)
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences, Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2008)