Mrs Alejandra Fuentes-Pieruccini > Consortium Legal > Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala > Lawyer Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
DIAGONAL 6 10-01 ZONA 10 CENTRO GERENCIAL LAS MARGARITS TORRE II
- Go to...
Mrs Alejandra Fuentes-Pieruccini
Alejandra is an associate at Consortium Legal – Guatemala. She has near 5 years of experience in the real estate, finance, and pharmaceutical sectors. She specializes in international and local tax law with experience in transfer pricing, international tax treaties, and exchange of information. She has experience in tax litigation, legal opinions, corporate structure, probate, and estate planning.
During her career, she has advised multiple companies on tax matters. Currently, she is the Young IFA Network representative for the Guatemalan branch of International Fiscal Association (IFA).
- Administrative and judicial defense in several cases of claims formulated to the Income Tax, for not withholding the 5% due for dividend distribution and payment (through shares), by capitalizing profits, for a total of US$80,756,996.97
- Administrative and judicial defense in several cases of claims formulated to the income tax, for omission of income from dividends received. The discussion revolves around the misinterpretation articles 10-15 of the Guatemalan Income Tax Law, 83, 84 and 93, for a total of US$33,938,920.40
- Administrative and judicial defense in several cases of refusal of the refund of the Value Added Tax credit, for not making exports during the requested tax period, for a total of US$26,408,451.71
Spanish and English
Member, International Fiscal Association (IFA) Guatemala
Young IFA Network (YIN) representative
Member, Tax Law Guatemalan Institute (IGDT)
Member, College of Lawyers and Notaries of Guatemala
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation, specialization in International Tax (graduate with distinction; dean’s list honoree), Georgetown University, Washington DC (2017)
- Degree in Legal and Social Sciences (cum laude), Universidad Francisco Marroquín, Guatemala (2016)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The ‘excellent‘ team at Consortium Legal draws on the firm’s presence throughout Central America to advise on multi-jurisdictional tax matters, including the tax aspects of M&A transactions. The team also advises on transfer pricing and tax planning, and represents clients in disputes with the tax authorities. Among its clients are local, regional and multinational companies from the financial, non profit, manufacturing, agroindustrial and mining sectors. Alfredo Rodríguez is experienced in advising on the tax aspects of corporate transactions, including M&A and private equity investments, as well as advising high-net-worth individuals and family groups on estate and succession planning. He co-heads the team with the experienced Olga Meléndez and David Erales, who leads the tax litigation practice. Associate Alejandra Fuentes-Pieruccini is noted for her advice on transfer pricing and international taxation. Since publication, the team has been rejoined by Mario Archila, previously head of his own practice at Archila & Asociados.