Mr Gustavo Vega > Consortium Legal > La Libertad, El Salvador > Lawyer Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
EDIFICIO AVANTE LOCAL 313, URB. MADRE SELVA III.
CALLE LLAMA DEL BOSQUE PONIENTE
ANTIGUO CUSCATLAN, LA LIBERTAD
- Go to...
Mr Gustavo Vega
Gustavo Vega is an associate at Consortium Legal – El Salvador, with more than 8 years of practice in foreign investment, business and commercial transactions, start-ups and infrastructure sectors. His main areas of practice include corporate and commercial law, legal aspects of international business, entrepreneurship and energy & infrastructure projects. He has experience advising local and foreign companies operating in El Salvador and the region with emphasis in new investments. Throughout his career he has excelled in the corporate practice for his knowledge advising clients in establishing corporate structures, corporate governance, business planning and structuring specific projects for international and local companies, obtaining governmental authorizations for contact centers and call centers, as well as negotiating commercial and international distribution agreements. He is currently involved in relevant mergers and acquisitions projects and financing transactions.
He has broad experience in advising companies to participate in international public tenders and the execution of complex agreements for the development of infrastructure, construction and solar projects, among others.
- Advises national and international companies for the participation and award of public tenders in El Salvador in the following sectors annually: energy (+$30M), infrastructure and construction (+$80M), supplies and services (+$15).
- He has advised various mergers and acquisitions projects, leading due diligence processes, highlighting the advisory services to: Grupo Maxiefectivo in the acquisition process by EZCORP Inc. (NASDAQ: EZPW) for +$55M; G&T Continental and Agromercantil Banks from Guatemala in financing VENTUS $85.5M for the construction of the first wind farm in El Salvador; Imperia Intercontinental (main shareholder of Banco Cuscatlán and SISA), in the purchase of the total shares of the financial conglomerate ScotiaBank El Salvador; Cemex El Salvador in the execution of a revolving credit facility for $3M.
- Advises three of the main Call Centers in El Salvador in their operations, as well as in obtaining tax benefits and incentives, financial transactions and in their growth and expansion processes of their operations in all corporate, real estate and regulatory aspects.
Spanish, English and German
- Electricity Market Regulation Degree, Energy & Infrastructure Analysis Center (E&A Center), El Salvador (2018)
- Securities Regulation Degree, Asociación Salvadoreña de Intermediarios Bursátiles (ASIB), El Salvador (2014)
- Law Degree, University of Navarre, Pamplona, Spain (2011)
- International Business Law Degree, University of Navarre, Spain (2011)
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Regional heavyweight Consortium Legal is highly regarded for corporate and M&A services in El Salvador. The department advises on the incorporation of companies, board resolutions, contract drafting, distribution licensing and international trade, among other areas. A particular focus lies on due diligence processes and business operation advice. The group is led by a trio of partners: Oscar Samour, Diego Martín and Maria Alejandra Tulipano. Samour has key experience in large transactions on a domestic and regional level, while Martín is skilled in insurance law, international trade and foreign investment, and Tulipano focuses on regulated sectors such as new technologies, energy and natural resources. Associate Gustavo Vega supports all aforementioned practitioners, particularly in M&A transactions and solar projects.