Ms Maria Alejandra Tulipano > Consortium Legal > La Libertad, El Salvador > Lawyer Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
EDIFICIO AVANTE LOCAL 313, URB. MADRE SELVA III.
CALLE LLAMA DEL BOSQUE PONIENTE
ANTIGUO CUSCATLAN, LA LIBERTAD
- Go to...
Ms Maria Alejandra Tulipano
Corporate/ Foreign Investment and International Trade
aria Alejandra is a partner at Consortium Legal – El Salvador, head of the foreign investment, international trade and regulated sector. With over 20 years of experience in the legal sector, in private and public international law, corporate law and as an advisor for international public bids for national and foreign companies.
She leads a team and advises extensively in corporate law, foreign investment, infrastructure projects, international trade and regulated sector, including energy, natural resources, aeronautical and new technologies. She mainly advises private and public companies on corporate matters, strategic regional expansion, public tenders and concession contracts, as well as Private Public Partnerships developments, and provides legal support in negotiations for a wide variety of foreign investors in El Salvador. She frequently represents clients on a wide range of commercial transactions, both local and cross-border. Her client portfolio includes renowned private companies, NGO, microfinance entities, aeronautical and energy entities and multinational corporations.
Furthermore, she has served in the Foreign Service as a legal counsellor and Charge d’Affaires for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Panama appointed to the Government of the Unites States of America and El Salvador.
Maria Alejandra is also involved in the pro bono and social responsibility programs at the law firm, as she assists regularly pro bono organizations, low-income communities, startups and entrepreneurs by providing free legal assistance on topics such as family law, domestic violence, labor law, immigration, litigation, and incorporation of non-governmental agencies among others.
- Advisor of Cable & Wireless (Panama) in the international tender process for the 911 System and its implementation in El Salvador.
- Advisor o COSAPI (Peru) on infrastructure projects in El Salvador, in the expansion of the passenger and administrative terminal of the International Airport.
- Advises and strategical supports the company VOLARIS (Costa Rica and Mexico) in its incursion, start of operations and regional expansion in El Salvador.
- Advises and strategical supports the AIDS Health Foundation in the process of incursion into El Salvador to international non-profit organizations that promote adequate care and medical supplies for patients and people with Acquired Immune Syndrome in vulnerable areas or with limited resources.
Spanish and English
Member of the Brazilian Chamber of Commerce in El Salvador
Member of the Panamanian Chamber of Commerce in El Salvador
- Master’s Degree in International Legal Studies, American University Washington College of Law, United States (1998)
- Bachelor´s Degree in Law (LLB), Universidad Santa María La Antigua, Panamá (1997)
- Authorized Lawyer by the Supreme Court of Justice of the Republic of Panama and El Salvador.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Regional heavyweight Consortium Legal is highly regarded for corporate and M&A services in El Salvador. The department advises on the incorporation of companies, board resolutions, contract drafting, distribution licensing and international trade, among other areas. A particular focus lies on due diligence processes and business operation advice. The group is led by a trio of partners: Oscar Samour, Diego Martín and Maria Alejandra Tulipano. Samour has key experience in large transactions on a domestic and regional level, while Martín is skilled in insurance law, international trade and foreign investment, and Tulipano focuses on regulated sectors such as new technologies, energy and natural resources. Associate Gustavo Vega supports all aforementioned practitioners, particularly in M&A transactions and solar projects.