Ms Suzane Berrios De Tablas > Consortium Legal > La Libertad, El Salvador > Lawyer Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
EDIFICIO AVANTE LOCAL 313, URB. MADRE SELVA III.
CALLE LLAMA DEL BOSQUE PONIENTE
ANTIGUO CUSCATLAN, LA LIBERTAD
- Go to...
Ms Suzane Berrios De Tablas
Suzanne is a partner of Consortium Legal – El Salvador, acting as the head of the Intellectual Property division in the El Salvador office, with more than 20 years of experience in Intellectual Property matters. She has worked in the protection and defense of trademarks of beverages, pharmaceutical products, food, cosmetics and other products of multinational companies. He had an outstanding participation during the entry into force of the Association Treaty with the European Union, protecting European Geographical Indications and Appellations of Origin and the defense of 20 cases of Geographical Indications. He has extensive experience in Intellectual Property litigation: “Anti-Piracy Actions”, Border Actions, Trademark Nullification and Cancellation for Non-Use, Copyright Infringement, Franchise Contracts, Licensing, Due Diligence, CAFTA Regulations on Intellectual Property and Textile Issues, as well as Medical Supplies Bidding issues. She worked as Chief of Intellectual Property in the Attorney General’s Office of El Salvador for 11 years, handling complex cases of trademark, notorious brand, patent and copyright infringement among others. Suzanne has actively participated in the revision of draft laws on issues related to Intellectual Property. She has advised multilateral transactions in the transfer of Trademarks. She has experience in regulatory issues of food products, beverages, cosmetics and medical supplies registrations. He has given seminars as a speaker, sharing his experience on Enforcement issues, Anti-Piracy Actions in different countries.
- Has advised multilateral trademark transfer contracts.
- Advises regulatory issues of food records, medical supplies, among others.
- Has had an outstanding participation in the defense of complex cases such as:
- RON ZACAPA; Defense of Geographical Indications CHEESE MANCHEGO, SIETE MACHOS. Urania Mexico registered in 1930.
Spanish and English
Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)
Member of Asociación Interamericana de la propiedad intelectual (ASIPI)
Member of Cámara Americana De Comercio (AMCHAM)
- Understanding Provisions related to CAFTA-DR Textiles and Apparel, Office of the United States Trade Representative, USTR (2020)
- Increasing Trade, the Competitiveness of the Textile and Clothing Sector of El Salvador, Office of the United States Trade Representative, USTR (2019)
- Diploma of the Law of Licenses and Acquisitions of pharmaceutical products, López Henríquez Consultores (2018)
- Graduate in Copyright, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina (2007)
- Diploma of International Arbitration, Universidad Jose Simeón Cañas, El Salvador
- Arbitration Course, World Intellectual Property Organization, United States (2007)
- Degree in Law and Social Sciences, Universidad Salvadoreña Alberto Masferrer USAM, El Salvador (2005)
- International Program USPTO, Patent and Trademark Office of the United States, United States (2000)