Mr Gerardo Hernandez > Consortium Legal > Managua, Nicaragua > Lawyer Profile
Consortium Legal Offices
DEL ANTIGUO HOSPITAL MILITAR, 1C AL NORTE
10VRS ABAJO, EDIFICIO CONSORTIUM LEGAL
- Go to...
Mr Gerardo Hernandez
Gerardo is a partner at Consortium Legal – Nicaragua, with over 25 years of experience in the food and beverage, banking and financial services, real estate, energy, and retail sectors. He has extensive experience in conflict resolution, particularly in litigation and arbitration. He has litigated in the civil and commercial areas and is a certified commercial arbitrator of the Mediation and Arbitration Center Antonio Leiva Pérez of the Chamber of Commerce and Services of Nicaragua. He has led the firm’s litigation team in the country’s most noteworthy cases. He is currently one of the most referenced litigation attorneys at the regional level by Central America 2019 – Benchmark Research.
He has taught at Nicaragua’s main universities and at the Judicial School in undergraduate, master’s, and postgraduate programs in the areas of civil procedure, insolvency, and commercial arbitration. Author of the Manual of Civil Procedure and co-author of several manuals of International Commercial Arbitration in Ibero-America.
- Team Leader on behalf of a Fortune Top 10 company in an arbitration process consisting of a lawsuit for breach of contract and damages of more than 10 million dollars. The process concluded with a favorable resolution to our client reflected in an award that ordered to pay less than 600 thousand dollars.
- Co-Counsel and expert in Nicaraguan law in the representation of a client of the medical supplies industry in a civil process in the State of Florida in which a breach of fiduciary obligation, unfair competition, violation of confidentiality obligation was exercised. damages, which concluded with a favorable sentence for the client for more than twelve million dollars.
World Services Group (WSG) and Who’s Who Legal.
- PIDA Training, International Chamber of Commerce París, France (2010)
- Lawyer training program, Harvard Law School, United States (2004)
- Arbitration and Mediation program, USAID, CIAC, AMCHAM, Nicaragua
- Máster’s in Private Law, Universidad de Barcelona, España (2001)
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Nicaragua UNAN, Nicaragua (1994)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘highly effective‘ dispute resolution team at Consortium Legal remains a market leader, representing its local and international clients in a comprehensive range of matters, including constitutional disputes, commercial and investment arbitration, and civil, commercial, contentious-administrative, and labour litigation. Headed by Gerardo Hernandez, who is described as ‘an expert in conflict resolution‘, and supported by labour litigation specialist Bertha Xiomara Ortega and associate Sergio Escobar, who is experienced in civil, corporate and insurance disputes, the team represents international clients such as Walmart and Cemex, across the energy, telecoms, infrastructure, retail and construction sectors.