Mr Jaime Senior > Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández > Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic > Lawyer Profile
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández Offices
CALLE GUSTAVO MEJIA RICART NO 106
TORRE PIATINI, 6TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Jaime Senior
Business / Corporate / M&A
Partner. Counsels foreign and local clients in civil, commercial and business organizational laws generally, with an emphasis on banking, financial transactions and foreign investment. Advises on mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements, tax matters, financings, corporate reorganizations, tourism and industrial free zones investments.
– Partner at Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández – Senior Associate, Sidley Austin LLP, New York. – Chair, DR Country Chapter, International Section of the NYSBA – Professor of Banking Law at INTEC – Professor of Torts Law at UNIBE
- Spanish - English - Moderate French
– Dominican Bar Association – American Bar Association – New York State Bar Association
– Doctor of Law (Summa Cum Laude), UNIBE, Dominican Republic, 2004 – Juris Doctor, with a concentration in Business Law and Regulation, Cornell University, New York, 2007 – Admitted as an attorney in the Dominican Republic and New Yor
Dominican Republic > Corporate and finance(Next Generation Partners)
Especially active in transactional and finance matters, Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández‘s practice is also very strong across the spectrum of corporate work. Mary Fernández and Jaime Senior share leadership of the finance practice: recent mandates saw Fernández advise the Blackstone Group on its acquisition of Spanish company Grupo Cirsa, while Senior assisted Banco BHD León with a loan to HES Group for the acquisition of the Silver Sun Gallery and the Embassy Suites Hotel in Santo Domingo. Eileen Jiménez and Sarah De León acted as local counsel to Grupo Diesco on a $73m loan from Goldman Sachs Specialty Lending Group. De León and Roberto Rizik, who is well known for his expertise in M&A and project finance, jointly head the corporate practice.
Dominican Republic > Dispute resolution
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández’s ‘excellent‘ department houses lawyers with ‘deep expertise‘ across a broad spectrum of dispute resolution; banking and labour litigation are core strengths of the practice, with bank fraud-related criminal cases keeping the team busy. Well-regarded litigator Francisco Alvarez and Tomás Hernández, who has ‘a strategic mind‘ and counts labour litigation as a key strength, jointly head the practice together with Julio Camejo, who is noted for his expertise in environmental and white-collar criminal law matters. Recent work includes Alvarez and Camejo representing the Dominican General Tax Agency in criminal proceedings against the Tremols Group in a $186m tax fraud case. Manuel Madera and Jaime Senior are both active commercial litigators. Other clients include Pfizer, Banco BHD Léon and Citibank.
Dominican Republic > Real estate and tourism
The team at Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández handles projects, transactions and regulatory real estate work, and is well known for its capabilities in administrative and corporate matters. Recent mandates include Jaime Senior assisting Playa Grande Holdings with the $150m development of the Playa Grande Golf Resort, while Marisol Vicens is advising Casa de Campo on real estate and environmental issues. Grupo Puntacana and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are regular clients; Mary Fernández advises the latter on ownership issues. Associate César Ledesma is recommended for administrative and project development work.
- Corporate and finance - Dominican Republic
- Dispute resolution - Dominican Republic
- Next Generation Partners - Dominican Republic > Corporate and finance
- Real estate and tourism - Dominican Republic