Ms Marisol Vicens > Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández > Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic > Lawyer Profile
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández Offices
CALLE GUSTAVO MEJIA RICART NO 106
TORRE PIATINI, 6TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Ms Marisol Vicens
Business / Corporate / M&A
Partner. Coordinates the implementation of investment projects; practices in energy law, negotiation and execution of contracts, franchise and distribution relations, creation and restructuring of companies, acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures, regulatory matters, real estate projects and estate planning.
– Partner at Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández – Vice-Secretary, CONEP (Business Roundtable) – Legal Counsel, Association of Industries of the DR – President, Committee on Energy and Hydrocarbons, National Council for Social Security in representation of CONEP – Past President, COPARDOM – Past President, ANJE – Firm’s Representative, TAGLAW Recognized by Chambers Latin America – Leading Lawyers for Business 2014, and by Latin Lawyer 250 – Leading Business Law Firms, 2014, being praised as “an excellent, highly capable and service-focused counsel on corporate and commercial matters”.
- Spanish - French - English - Italian
– Dominican Bar Association – Board, CONEP – Board, CEDIMAT – Chamber of Commerce of Santo Domingo – IBA – Institut de Droit d´Expression et d´Inspiration Françaises
– Doctor of Law (Summa Cum Laude), UNIBE, Dominican Republic, 1987 – Diplôme Supérieur de l´Université, Spécialisation en Droit Civil (Mention Très Bien), Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), France, 1989 – Diplôme d´Études Approfondies en Droit Privé Général (Mention Bien), Université Panthéon-Assas (Paris II), France, 1990
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández fields a specialised tax practice, which is highly recognised for representing, among others, the Dominican Tax Agency in relation to criminal proceedings involving tax evasion. The case was addressed by the firm’s litigators Francisco Alvarez and Julio Camejo as lead partners. This is in addition to its work on the non-contentious side, where the team advises clients on the tax aspects of corporate and commercial operations, including in the establishment of local operations, tax exemptions and corporate structures; Marisol Vicens is a key contact in these areas. Jaime Senior is another name to note.
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández is appreciated in the market for providing cross-practice advice and a full-service offering to clients in the real estate and tourism sectors. Key additional areas of expertise include tax, environmental, social security and labour law, among others. The firm often represents large tourism groups and real estate investment firms in complex tourism projects, restructurings of real estate holdings, and concessions. Jaime Senior is an active member of the team, who focuses on M&A, negotiation of commercial agreements, and tourism investments. Mary Fernández and Marisol Vicens are also noted.
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández is regularly involved in major transactions in the energy sector taking place in the Dominican Republic, and also stands out for its assistance in regulatory matters. Practice head Marisol Vicens is particularly recognised for her experience in this field, which she acquired, among other projects, during her work on the privatisation process of the previously state-owned electrical system in the 1990s. Vicens’ main areas of activity include investments, public-private partnership contracts, and distribution matters. The team also includes standout practitioners Jaime Senior and associate Carolina Silié, who specialises in permits, authorisations and licences, power purchase agreements and purchase contracts of natural gas, among other areas.
- Tax - Dominican Republic
- Energy and natural resources - Dominican Republic
- Real estate and tourism - Dominican Republic
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment