Mr Francisco Alvarez > Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández > Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic > Lawyer Profile
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández Offices
CALLE GUSTAVO MEJIA RICART NO 106
TORRE PIATINI, 6TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mr Francisco Alvarez
Litigation / Business
Founding Partner. Specialist in litigation and arbitration, particularly in the areas of banking, white collar crime and administrative law. Extensive experience in negotiations, corporate law, and telecommunications matters.
– Founding Partner at Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández – Former Coordinator of the civic organization Participación Ciudadana – Professor of Estates and Inheritance at the UNPHU, 1985-1990 – Professor of Contracts at the PUCMM Recognized by Chambers Latin America –Leading Lawyers for Dispute Resolution 2014, Chambers Global 2014 and Latin Lawyer 250 – Leading Business Law Firms, 2013, being described in the first one as “the quintessential litigator”.
- Spanish - English
– Dominican Bar Association (CARD)
– Bachelor of Laws (Magna Cum Laude), UNPHU, Dominican Republic, 1979 – Master in Constitutional and Public Law, Universidad Castilla La Macha, Spain, 2012
Chess and reading.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Noted for its ‘excellent analytical capacity‘ and ‘first-rate services‘, Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández balances an active and broad dispute resolution practice, with expertise across a wide variety of cases, including civil, commercial, labour, administrative, constitutional, consumer, intellectual property, criminal and real estate disputes. The firm is known for defending clients before judicial, arbitral, administrative and constitutional courts including at the highest levels. Founding partner Francisco Álvarez is particularly active in cases involving banking and tax issues, where he is highly regarded. Julio Camejo, who also acts as arbitrator, is active in the energy, manufacturing and banking sectors, and Tomás Hernández is an expert in labour and employment litigation.
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández fields a specialised tax practice, which is highly recognised for representing, among others, the Dominican Tax Agency in relation to criminal proceedings involving tax evasion. The case was addressed by the firm’s litigators Francisco Alvarez and Julio Camejo as lead partners. This is in addition to its work on the non-contentious side, where the team advises clients on the tax aspects of corporate and commercial operations, including in the establishment of local operations, tax exemptions and corporate structures; Marisol Vicens is a key contact in these areas. Jaime Senior is another name to note.
- Dispute resolution - Dominican Republic
- Leading individuals - Dominican Republic > Dispute resolution
- Tax - Dominican Republic
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment