Mrs Mary Fernández > Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández > Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic > Lawyer Profile
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández Offices
CALLE GUSTAVO MEJIA RICART NO 106
TORRE PIATINI, 6TH FLOOR
- Go to...
Mrs Mary Fernández
Intellectual Property / Business / Corporate
Founding Partner. Wide practice in foreign investment, corporate law, banking and international finances, negotiation and execution of contracts, franchising and distribution relations, structuring and implementation of real estate and tourist projects and aviation law. Focus on intellectual property matters.
– Founding Partner at Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández – Chair Legal Committee, American Chamber of Commerce – Board Secretary, Technological Institute of Santo Domingo – Editor of “International Opposition Guide”, INTA – Editor of Gaceta Judicial – Past President, Dominican Association of Intellectual Property – Past President, Foundation of Institutionalism and Justice – Professor of International Private Law and Economic and Business Legislation at UNIBE. Recognized by Chambers Latin America, Leading Lawyers for Business 2014, and by Latin Lawyer 250, Leading Business Law Firms, 2014, being praised in the latter for her outstanding work in the areas of Corporate Law and IP.
- Spanish - English - Moderate French
– Dominican Bar Association – INTA – Legal Committee, AMCHAMDR – Board, INTEC – Board, Alternative Dispute Resolution Center of the Chamber of Commerce – Editorial Board, Gaceta Judicial – Editorial Board, AMCHAMDR Magazine – Dominican Association of Intellectual Property
– Bachelor of Laws (Summa Cum Laude), UNPHU, Dominican Republic, 1979 – Political Science courses Georgia State University Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 1980
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández‘s ‘well-organised‘ team ‘works well together and is highly knowledgeable about intellectual property and regulatory law‘. The practice is noted for its solid capabilities in pharmaceutical patents; other recent mandates include contentious and non-contentious trade mark and copyright work. The highly regarded Mary Fernández, together with newly promoted partner and department director Lilly Acevedo, are the key names at the partner level. Associates Gabriella Villanueva, Melissa Marrero and Marializ De León are also noted.
At Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández, the corporate practice is jointly led by Roberto Rizik, who is highly regarded for his expertise in project finance and M&A, and Sarah De León, noted for her experience in joint ventures and foreign investment work, among other areas. The department is adept at handling a wide range of corporate matters, and is well known for its capabilities in finance and transactional work, which it handles for banking, technology, manufacturing and pharmaceutical companies. Mary Fernández and Jaime Senior jointly head the finance practice. Eileen Jiménez has expertise in project finance and M&A; senior associate Fernando Marranzini is ‘completely business-oriented‘ and provides ‘timely, clear and useful advice‘.
Experienced in handling high-value transactions and energy-related project finance, Headrick Rizik Alvarez & Fernández‘s practice is jointly led by Marisol Vicens and Eileen Jiménez. Together with corporate law expert Mary Fernández, Jiménez is advising three development banks on a $60m financing to Montecristi Solar FV for the construction of a 57MW solar power plant in the Dominican Republic. Associate Elizabeth Silfa is also noted.
- Corporate and finance - Dominican Republic
- Intellectual property - Dominican Republic
- Leading individuals - Dominican Republic > Intellectual property
- Energy and natural resources - Dominican Republic