Mr Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna > Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados Offices
RUA SÃO TOMÉ 86
SÃO PAULO, SP, 04551-080
- Go to...
Mr Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna
Administrative Law, Regulatory Law, Infrastructure, Government Relations and Anticorruption
Partner – Administrative Law, Regulatory Law, Infrastructure, Government Relations and Anticorruption
Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna is a partner at Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados in the Public Law, Regulatory and Infrastructure practices. Before joining the firm in 2019, Fernando headed the Public Law practice at Siqueira Castro Advogados and worked as an international associate at Thacher, Proffitt & Wood, LLP and SNR Denton, in New York, USA in 2008 and 2009.
With over 15 years of experience, Fernando Villela has broad experience on Government procurement, bidding procedures and administrative contracts in general and the regulation of sensitive industries, such as aviation/airport infrastructure, transportation, oil & gas, etc. It should be highlighted his experience with the regulations enacted by the Brazilian Regulatory Agencies, as well as the regulation in force in other countries. Fernando Villela has also vast experience on (i) designing legal models for partnerships with the public sector, (ii) legal issues arising out of contracts entered into between clients and the Government and (iii) administrative proceedings carried out by Auditing Courts (Federal, State and Municipalities).
As far as the Infrastructure industry is concerned, it is also noteworthy to mention his broad experience on legal frameworks such as ports, airports, oil & gas, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and concession contracts.
Trained in Brazil and the United States. Served as Vice-Chair of the International Procurement Committee of the American Bar Association and Fernando is currently member of Public Law and Infrastructure Committees in respected entities, such as in the Brazilian Bar Association. Fernando is also Vice-President of Airport Law in the Brazilian Arbitration and Mediation Chamber (CBMA) as well as an arbitrator.
Fernando Villela is author of articles and books in the Administrative Law, Regulatory Law and Infrastructure areas.
Portuguese, English, Italian and Spanish.
- Vice President in Airport Law of the Mediation and Arbitration Brazilian Center (CBMA);
- Arbitrator at the Mediation and Arbitration Brazilian Center (CBMA);
- Member of the Public Law Committee of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB – Rio de Janeiro);
- Member of the Regulation Committee of the Brazilian Institute for Studies on Competition, Consumption and International Trade (IBRAC);
- Founding member of the Brazilian Institute of Aeronautical Law (IBAER);
- Former Vice Chair of the International Procurement Committee of the International Law Section, American Bar Association.
- Elected by the Legal 500 Latin America one of the best lawyers in Brazil in the areas of Projects and Infrastructure and Public Law;
- Elected by Chambers Latin America as one of the best lawyers in Brazil in the area of Public Law;
- Elected by ANÁLISE ADVOCACIA as one of the most respected lawyers in Brazil in the area of Infrastructure/Regulatory Law and one of the most admired lawyers in Brazil by companies in the following industry sectors: Sugar and Alcohol, Communication, Construction and Engineering, Financial, Machinery and Equipment and Specialized Services;
- Elected by Latin Lawyer 250 in Administrative Law;
- Elected by Leaders League as “valuable practice” in Public Law and Projects & Infrastructure;
- Elected by Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA Approved) in Administrative Law and Arbitration
- Elected by Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA Approved) as Thought Leader in Administrative Law.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, 2018, Course in Regulation;
- Harvard University Law School, 2016, Advanced Mediation and Negotiation Program;
- New York University, 2008, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Trade Regulation;
- Fundação Getulio Vargas, 2006, Post-Graduation in Regulatory and Economic Law;
- Universidade Cândido Mendes, 2005, Bachelor of Laws.
Squash and Beach Tennis.
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados brings together specialists in public law, regulatory issues and infrastructure projects who act for clients active in a range of industries, most notably basic sanitation and airports. The team is equipped to guide clients throughout all stages of bid procedures, and is also skilled at assisting in negotiations with regulatory agencies and handling administrative proceedings carried out by the audit courts. Concessionaires often seek Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna‘s advice on an array of infrastructure and public law-related issues. With a strong background in public administration and regulatory agencies, Renato Otto Kloss is routinely engaged by companies in the sanitation sector in relation to new concessions and PPP agreements.