Mr Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna > Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados Offices
RUA SÃO TOMÉ 86
SÃO PAULO, SP, 04551-080
- Go to...
Mr Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna
Administrative Law, Infrastructure, Government Relations and Anticorruption
Partner – Administrative Law, Infrastructure, Government Relations and Anticorruption
Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna is a partner at Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados in the Public Law, Regulatory and Infrastructure practices. Before joining the firm in 2019, Fernando headed the Public Law practice at Siqueira Castro Advogados and worked as an international associate at Thacher, Proffitt & Wood, LLP and SNR Denton, in New York, USA in 2008 and 2009.
With over 15 years of experience, Fernando Villela has broad experience on Government procurement, bidding procedures and administrative contracts in general and the regulation of sensitive industries, such as aviation/airport infrastructure, transportation, oil & gas, etc. It should be highlighted his experience with the regulations enacted by the Brazilian Regulatory Agencies, as well as the regulation in force in other countries. Fernando Villela has also vast experience on (i) designing legal models for partnerships with the public sector, (ii) legal issues arising out of contracts entered into between clients and the Government and (iii) administrative proceedings carried out by Auditing Courts (Federal, State and Municipalities).
As far as the Infrastructure industry is concerned, it is also noteworthy to mention his broad experience on legal frameworks such as ports, airports, oil & gas, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and concession contracts. Regulatory affairs related to project finance, due diligences in general, as well as knowledge on a wide range of private contracts within specific industries are also subject matters within Fernando´s legal expertise.
Trained in Brazil and the United States. Served as Vice-Chair of the International Procurement Committee of the American Bar Association and Fernando is currently member of Public Law and Infrastructure Committees in Committeess, such as in the Brazilian Bar Association. Fernando is also Vice-President of Airport Law in the Brazilian Arbitration and Mediation Chamber (CBMA) as well as an arbitrator.
Portuguese, English, Italian and Spanish
- Elected by the Legal 500 Latin America one of the best lawyers in Brazil in the areas of Projects and Infrastructure and Public Law;
- Elected by Chambers Latin America as one of the best lawyers in Brazil in the area of Public Law;
- Elected by ANÁLISE ADVOCACIA as one of the most respected lawyers in Brazil in the area of Infrastructure/Regulatory Law and one of the most admired lawyers in Brazil by companies in the following industry sectors: Sugar and Alcohol, Communication, Construction and Engineering, Financial, Machinery and Equipment and Specialized Services;
- Elected by Latin Lawyer 250 in Administrative Law;
- Elected by Leaders League as “valuable practice” in Projects & Infrastructure;
- Elected by Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA Approved) in Arbitration.
- London School of Economics (LSE), Course on Regulation, 2018;
- Harvard Law School, Advanced Mediation and Negotiation Workshop, 2016;
- New York University – NYU, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Trade Regulation, 2008;
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Specialization in Economic and Regulatory Law, 2006;
- Universidade Cândido Mendes, Bachelor of Laws (J.D.), 2005.
Brazil > Public law
Major public and private companies turn to Siqueira Castro – Advogados for assistance in public bids and administrative proceedings. Public law has been a focal area for the firm for several decades, and the team combines knowledge of administrative, regulatory, environmental and corporate law. Carlos Roberto Siqueira Castro is a well-known figure in the market. In internal developments, Renata de Abreu Martins and Rodrigo Alexander Calazans Macedo were promoted to partner in 2018, while Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna joined Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados in 2019.
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados‘ public law department saw a significant shake up with the departure of Luís Felipe Valerim Pinheiro (to establish Xavier Vasconcelos Valerim Advogados) and the arrival of Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna from Siqueira Castro – Advogados. Villela has wide-ranging experience in government procurement and contracts.