Mr Antonio Celso Pugliese > Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados Offices
RUA SÃO TOMÉ 86
SÃO PAULO, SP, 04551-080
- Go to...
Mr Antonio Celso Pugliese
Litigation / Arbitration
Partner – Litigation / Arbitration
Antonio Celso Pugliese is one of Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados founding partners, managing partner since 2018 and the head of the Litigation and Arbitration practices. With more than 20 years of experience, Antonio focuses on complex commercial crisis and litigation challenges, including high profile cases in Brazil. He has wide-ranging experience representing clients in trials, class actions and arbitrations for companies in all areas of industries.
Antonio is recognized as one of the leading dispute resolution lawyers in Brazil by Chambers Brazil, Chambers Latin America and Chambers Global. “He is perceived as a knowledgeable and proficient lawyer. He is well versed in class actions, financial administration disputes and contract enforceability issues” (Chambers Latin America). “Clients note his strategic thinking and peers describe him as “creative, committed and extremely hands-on” (Chambers Global). He is also considered one of the most admired dispute resolution lawyers in Brasil by Análise Advocacia.
Portuguese and English.
- Arbitrator at International Chamber of Economic and Commercial Arbitration of China – CIETAC, 2004;
- Member of the Instituto dos Advogados de São Paulo – IASP;
- Visiting Scholar, Columbia University Law School, New York, 2004;
- Assistant, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo – USP, 2003;
- Member of International Bar Association – IBA.
- Arbitrator of Arbitration Chamber CBMA (Centro Brasileiro de Mediação e Arbitragem);
- Member of the Bar Association Arbitration Comission.
- Georgetown University, 2014, Georgetown Leadership Program;
- Fundação Dom Cabral, 2013, Senior Management Development Program;
- Universidade de São Paulo – USP, 2003, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Civil Law;
- Universidade de São Paulo – USP, 1997, Bachelor of Laws (J.D.).
Offering broad services that span public law-related claims and litigation involving financing contracts, corporate restructuring, transactions and energy issues, Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados is well versed in ‘resolving complex disputes’. Acting for construction and oil and gas companies in class actions related to environmental matters is an area of particular strength for the practice, which often works with the firm’s Brasília office in cases before the superior courts. Antonio Celso Pugliese stands out for his work in judicial disputes in the construction and financial sectors. Carolina Mansur is well regarded for insolvency and bankruptcy-related litigation, while commercial and technology disputes are among Nahima Müller‘s key areas of specialism.