Mr Renato Otto Kloss > Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados Offices
RUA SÃO TOMÉ 86
SÃO PAULO, SP, 04551-080
- Go to...
Mr Renato Otto Kloss
Public Law, Regulatory and Infrastructure
Partner – Public Law, Regulatory and Infrastructure
Renato Otto Kloss is a partner at Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados in the Public Law, Regulatory and Infrastructure practices. Prior to joining the VPBG, Renato was a partner of the Regulatory and Infrastructure Department at Siqueira Castro Advogados.
With 10 years in private practice, and other 10 years of experience in different entities of the Federal, State and Municipal Public Administration, including two regulatory agencies, Renato has extensive experience in public procurement and advisory services to the execution of administrative contracts, including engineering contracts, public service concessions, and Public-Private Partnerships.
Renato has abroad background in public biddings, public services regulation, tariff reviews, advice on major engineering contracts, and acting in regulated sectors, such as energy, basic sanitation and transportation.
His work also includes representation of companies in relation to external and internal control bodies, especially with agency and sponsorship of proceedings before the Courts of Auditing, in defense of large infrastructure projects.
Elected by Análise Advocacia as one of the most respected lawyers in Brazil in the areas of Environmental and Infrastructure/Regulatory Law, and one of the most admired lawyers in Brazil by companies in the following industry sectors: Sugar and Alcohol, Banks, Retail business, Communication, Construction and Engineering, Electronics, Machinery and Equipment, Mining and Steel, Oil and Gas, Specialized Services and Telecommunication;
Elected by The Legal 500 Latin America one of the best lawyers in Brazil in the areas of Public Law, Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity, Environment and Transport and Shipping: Shipping;
Recognized by Leaders League as “Valuable Practice” in Projects & Infrastructure.
Portuguese and English.
- Director of Airport Law at the Brazilian Center for Mediation and Arbitration (CBMA);
- Founding Member of the Administrative Law Institute of the State of Rio de Janeiro (IDAERJ);
- Founding member of the Brazilian Institute of Aeronautical Law (IBAER);
- Professor of Economic, Competition and Regulatory Law at LL.M in Business Law at IBMEC RJ. 2014 – 2019;
- Former Deputy Attorney-General of the Municipality of Duque de Caxias (RJ);
- Former attorney of the Rio de Janeiro State Energy and Basic Sanitation Regulatory Agency (AGENERSA);
- Former attorney of the Rio de Janeiro State Public Services Regulatory Agency (ASEP-RJ);
- Former attorney of the Municipality of Rio de Janeiro (RJ);
- Former attorney of the State of Rio de Janeiro (RJ).
- Universidade Cândido Mendes, 2011, Mater of Laws (LL.M) in Regulatory and Antitrust Law;
- Fundação Getúlio Vargas, 2006, Specialization in Economic and Regulatory Law;
- Universidade Federal Fluminense, 2002, Bachelor of Laws (J.D.).
Movies and skateboarding.
Vella Pugliese Buosi e Guidoni Advogados brings together specialists in public law, regulatory issues and infrastructure projects who act for clients active in a range of industries, most notably basic sanitation and airports. The team is equipped to guide clients throughout all stages of bid procedures, and is also skilled at assisting in negotiations with regulatory agencies and handling administrative proceedings carried out by the audit courts. Concessionaires often seek Fernando Villela de Andrade Vianna‘s advice on an array of infrastructure and public law-related issues. With a strong background in public administration and regulatory agencies, Renato Otto Kloss is routinely engaged by companies in the sanitation sector in relation to new concessions and PPP agreements.