Luis Fernando Pacheco > Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel Advogados > Rio de Janeiro, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel Advogados Offices
RUA DA ASSEMBLÉIA 66-17 FLOOR
RIO DE JANEIRO
- Go to...
Luis Fernando Pacheco
O&G, Corporate, Litigation and Tax
Luis Pacheco has deep expertise in the oil and gas and entertainment industries to pro-actively advise them on industry trends, pending legislation and regulation and strategies for complex transactions.
He is a recognized expert in all areas of upstream, downstream and midstream oil and gas transactions including M&A related transactions, farm-in/farm-out transactions, international trade, obtaining environmental licenses, negotiation of EPC contracts, joint operating agreements, Joint Bid Agreements, crude oil sales agreements, assisting clients with the public bid process, project finance, participation and service agreements. Mr. Pacheco helped to draft some of the contractual and legal instruments currently used in the Brazilian Oil & Gas industry. He frequently leads sophisticated transactions on behalf of international blue-chip oil and gas companies based in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Oman, Chile, United Kingdom, France, India, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United States, skillfully guiding them through the intricate landscape of Brazil’s complicated legal system.
Portuguese and English.
- Brazilian Association of Financial Law;
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN);
- Former Latin American Regional Director and Board Member;
- International Fiscal Association (IFA); American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM), Energy Committee, Rio de Janeiro;
- Institute of Energy Law, Board Member;
- International Bar Association (IBA), Oil & Gas Committee;
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB) – Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo Chapter;
- Former Vice-President of Oil & Gas Committee.
- M, Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, 1994;
- B, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro (UERJ), 1987;
- Management of Law Firms Course, Northwestern University (Kellogg), Chicago, IL, 1998-1999;
- International Oil and Gas Law, Contracts and Negotiations, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN), 1998;
- International Tax Planning, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, EUA, 1994;
- Tax Law Specialization, Universidade Candido Mendes, Rio de Janeiro, 1987.
Brazil > Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons(Leading individuals)
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel Advogados secures rave reviews from sources for its ‘deep knowledge of the industry and international practice’, ‘extremely dedicated professionals’ and ‘practical and commercial advice’. The boutique firm’s specialist oil-and-gas expertise encompasses the full array of upstream, midstream and downstream matters and it is a popular choice for some of the biggest names in the industry, including Shell, Total and Inpex. In a key transactional highlight, group co-heads Paulo Valois Pires (‘an excellent energy lawyer’) and Rogério Sobral de Miranda (‘very knowledgeable and hands-on’) paired up to advise ExxonMobil Exploração Brasil on its $1.3bn acquisition of a 33% stake in block BM-S-8 from Statoil Brasil Óleo e Gás. On the regulatory side, Antônio Luís Ferreira paired up with Valois Pires to advise GNA, which holds authorisation for the construction and operation of a 1238MW thermal plant as part of the high-profile Açu Gas Hub project, on regulatory and contractual issues. Other key names include Luis Fernando Pacheco (‘combines commerciality with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Brazilian oil and gas law’) and Sonia Agel.
Brazil > Projects and infrastructure
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel Advogados has a ‘good understanding of an international investor’s needs‘. A national highlight was assisting Terminal Portuário do Mearim with the redefinition of its port project. Paulo Valois Pires and Rogério Sobral de Miranda are recommended. The firm also made a number of lateral hires, including oil and gas expert Luis Fernando Pacheco, who provides ‘practical, relevant and timely advice‘, from Veirano Advogados.
- Hydrocarbons - Brazil > Energy and natural resources
- Leading individuals - Brazil > Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Projects and infrastructure - Brazil