Mr Jorge Valenzuela > Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana > Santiago, Chile > Lawyer Profile
Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana Offices
AV ANDRÉS BELLO 2711, 8TH FLOOR
7550611 LAS CONDES
- Go to...
Mr Jorge Valenzuela
Jorge Valenzuela is a partner in BMAJ’s Tax practice area.
His practice focuses on the full range of work areas covered by BMAJ. He advises clients on corporate tax structuring, M&A transactions, and day-to-day matters of tax legislation. Jorge also represents clients in judicial matters before special courts, and is versed in applicable tax rules in Canada, Mexico and Peru.
- Partner, Bofill Mir & Alvarez Jana Abogados (since 2022);
- Associate, Bofill Mir & Alvarez Jana Abogados (2011-2022);
- Associate, Deloitte (2009-2011);
- Associate, Philippi, Irarrazabal Pulido & Brunner Lawyers (2008-2009);
- Associate, Deloitte (2007-2008).
- International Fiscal Association (IFA);
- Chilean Bar Association.
- Master, Tax Planning and Management, Universidad de Santiago (2009);
- Accepted to practice law by the Supreme Court of Chile (2007);
- J.D., Universidad de los Andes (2006).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Bofill, Mir & Álvarez Jana‘s five-member tax team covers restructuring, planning, litigation, and transactional and international tax; the practice also acts in controversies with the Chilean IRS and before the tax courts. In 2020, the team additionally advised longstanding clients on emergency legislation (introduced as a result of the coronavirus pandemic). Specialising in finance and insurance sector-related tax issues, lead tax partner Guillermo Fonseca is highly regarded for cross-border operations, M&A matters and tax structuring; at senior associate level, Jorge Valenzuela is active in both litigious and transactional matters, while Paris Norambuena is experienced in transactional and regulatory work. Since publication, Valenzuela has been raised to the partnership – effective January 2022.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Real estate
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Competition and antitrust
- Labour and employment
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity and hydrocarbon