Mr Gustavo Nygaard > TozziniFreire Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
AV. CARLOS GOMES 222 OPUS ONE 5º ANDAR
90480-000 PORTO ALEGRE
- Go to...
Mr Gustavo Nygaard
Tax, Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Agribusiness
Partner in the Tax practice at TozziniFreire since 2000, and currently head of the area, Gustavo provides tax counsel to a diverse corporate clientele concentrated in Southern Brazil, where he has been constantly featured in tax committees of several companies and business entities. He previously served as Director of the Porto Alegre Municipal Taxpayer Council between 1993 and 1995, also served as Public Attorney of Porto Alegre city from 1992 to 2003.
- Judge of the Court of Ethics and Discipline of the OAB/RS (Brazilian Bar Association – Rio Grande do Sul Section).
- Former councilor of the Municipal Taxpayers Council of Porto Alegre.
- Former professor of Tax Law and Legislation in the graduate and postgraduate programs at UNISINOS (Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos).
- Former professor of Tax Law at PUC-RS (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul).
- Graduate of the Law School of UFRGS (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul), 1990.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
TozziniFreire Advogados has a comprehensive tax law service, demonstrating extensive experience in matters involving social contributions, M&A transactions and tax planning. Clients from a range of industry sectors – including manufacturing, IT, energy and banking – seek the department’s support in relation to non-contentious tax issues, as well as administrative and judicial proceedings. Tax expert Gustavo Nygaard leads the group alongside Rafael Mallmann, who focuses on litigation.
TozziniFreire Advogados represents major multinationals from across a range of industries. The firm’s strong corporate presence ensures a steady flow of M&A-related tax advice, as well as support on restructurings, business launches and general day-to-day matters. Gustavo Nygaard leads the well-regarded team, which includes Jerry Levers de Abreu, Vinícius Jucá and Thiago Rulfalco Medaglia, who handles disputes, customs and social security matters. Clients also single out recently promoted partner Erlan Valverde for high praise. Since publication, the team was further strengthened in October 2020 with the hire of indirect tax specialist Lisandra Pacheco, formerly at Schneider, Pugliese, Sztokfisz Figueiredo e Carvalho Advogados, and in February 2021 with the arrival of Renata Emery from Stocche Forbes Advogados.
- Leading individuals - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
- Tax - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media