Mr Gustavo Nygaard > TozziniFreire Advogados > Porto Alegre, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
AV. CARLOS GOMES 222 OPUS ONE 5º ANDAR
90480-000 PORTO ALEGRE
- Go to...
Mr Gustavo Nygaard
Tax, Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity & Venture Capital
Partner responsible for the Tax Litigation practice group at the firm’s Porto Alegre office, Gustavo provides tax counsel to a diverse corporate clientele concentrated in Southern Brazil, where his experience and recognition as a leader in the field have led him to be named to the tax committees of numerous companies and business entities. Gustavo previously served as Director of the Porto Alegre Municipal Taxpayer Council between 1993 and 1995, and also served as Public Attorney of Porto Alegre city from 1992 to 2003.
Joined TozziniFreire as a partner in 2000.
Professor of Taxation Law in the postgraduation program of Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos (Unisinos) in Rio Grande do Sul.
Graduate of the Law School of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) in 1990.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
TozziniFreire Advogados has a comprehensive tax law service, demonstrating extensive experience in matters involving social contributions, M&A transactions and tax planning. Clients from a range of industry sectors – including manufacturing, IT, energy and banking – seek the department’s support in relation to non-contentious tax issues, as well as administrative and judicial proceedings. Tax expert Gustavo Nygaard leads the group alongside Rafael Mallmann, who focuses on litigation.
TozziniFreire Advogados represents major multinationals from across a range of industries. The firm’s strong corporate presence ensures a steady flow of M&A-related tax advice, as well as support on restructurings, business launches and general day-to-day matters. Gustavo Nygaard leads the well-regarded team, which includes Jerry Levers de Abreu, Vinícius Jucá and Thiago Rulfalco Medaglia, who handles disputes, customs and social security matters. Clients also single out recently promoted partner Erlan Valverde for high praise. Moreover, the team was further strengthened in October 2020 with the hire of indirect-tax specialist Lisandra Pacheco, formerly at Schneider, Pugliese, Sztokfisz Figueiredo e Carvalho Advogados.
- Leading individuals - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Tax - Brazil > City focus - Porto Alegre
- Tax - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media