Mr Cláudio Coelho de Souza Timm > TozziniFreire Advogados > Brasilia, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
SETOR COMERCIAL NORTE - QUADRA 2 BLOCO A
ED. CORPORATE FINANCIAL CENTER - 6º ANDAR - CJ. 604
- Go to...
Mr Cláudio Coelho de Souza Timm
Government Contracts and Projects - Administrative Law, Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Life Sciences &, Healthcare, Immigration, Government Relations, Privatizations, Consumer Affairs
Claudio advises national and foreign investors on corporate transactions, as well as on civil and commercial contracts. He also represents clients in regulatory and enforcement proceedings before several ministries and regulatory agencies, the Brazilian Central Bank, the Appeals Council of the National Financial System and the Federal Audit Court. He has broad expertise in government relations, having handled key public policies projects for clients. Additionally, he assists clients in investigations conducted by the National Congress, including in parliamentary inquiry committees. Timm is highly skilled in regulatory issues and enforcement proceedings regarding several matters within Life Sciences before government entities located in Brasília, such as the Health Ministry, the Agriculture, Livestock and Supply Ministry, the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa), the Medication Market Regulatory Chamber (CMED), the National Consumer Secretariat (Senacon) of the Justice Ministry, etc. Claudio has international experience, having served as an intern in the director’s office of the Division of Enforcement of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in 2009. He has also worked as a foreign associate for Baker & Daniels LLP and B&D Consulting in 2009.
English and Spanish.
- CCEP (Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional) by SCCE (Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics).
- Associate of IBGC (Instituto Brasileiro de Governança Corporativa).
- LLM in Securities and Financial Regulation from Georgetown University, USA, 2009.
- Attended the Foundations of American Law and Legal Education program from Georgetown University, USA, from July to August 2008.
- Specialized degree in Economic and Corporate Law from FGV (Fundação Getulio Vargas), 2003.
- Graduate of the Law School of UNICEUB (Centro Universitário de Brasília), 2000.
The government relations practice at TozziniFreire Advogados represents domestic and international companies and non-profit entities, assisting them with the monitoring of legislative and regulatory proposals, interaction with public officials, and participation in parliamentary investigations and public hearings. Cláudio Coelho de Souza Timm heads the practice, which also benefits from the input of the full-service firm’s compliance and tax experts.
Under the supervision of Cláudio Coelho de Souza Timm, the multi-disciplinary team at TozziniFreire Advogados primarily acts for clients across all stages of public procurement processes, from negotiating government contracts to resolving disputes. Clients of the department include well-known companies and industry associations. Litigation specialist Isabela Braga Pompilio and associate Bruno Lourenço are additional contacts.
- Government relations - Brazil > City focus - Brasilia
- Public law and regulation - Brazil > City focus - Brasilia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media