Mr Pedro G Seraphim > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Pedro G Seraphim
Energy, Defense and Aerospace, Bioenergy, Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Infrastructure, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Japan Desk, Privatizations, Mining
Co-head of TozziniFreire’s Infrastructure and Energy practices, Pedro is also responsible for creating our Construction Law area. Throughout his 30-year career at the firm, Pedro has been involved in complex projects and M&A transactions in all areas of infrastructure, including energy and project finance. In infrastructure projects, Pedro leads issues related to the development of complex contractual structures for project implementation, with solid experience in sensible risk analysis and negotiating alternatives. In addition, he is responsible for the creation of our Defense and Aerospace area, focused on large military and national security projects. Between 1996 and 1998, Pedro worked as a foreign associate for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, in Nova York.
- Officer of the Power Law Committee of IBA (International Bar Association).
- Director of APINE (Brazilian Independent Power Producers Association) in 2003-2015.
- Partner in IBDE (Brazilian Institute of Energy Law Studies).
- Studied at the Academy of American and International Law, organized by the Center for American and International Law, USA, 1995.
- Graduate of the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 1991.
TozziniFreire Advogados attracts instructions from multilateral agencies, sponsors and local and foreign investors in relation to public bids, projects and M&A transactions involving the energy, water, waste, mobility and logistics sectors. Regulatory issues affecting PPPs, concessions and public procurement also populate the department’s portfolio. Pedro Seraphim, whose experience includes transactional matters involving the Brazilian energy sector, leads the practice alongside Claudia Elena Bonelli, who specialises in public sector issues and government contracts.
TozziniFreire Advogados offers support to clients in the context of greenfield and brownfield projects, financing, M&A transactions and regulatory matters. The team is also well versed in privatisations of electric power distributors and divestitures of generation assets. In the renewables space, it possesses experience in wind, hydro, solar and biomass projects. Leading the team is Pedro Seraphim, whose areas of practice include due diligence in relation to corporate transactions, financing agreements and project contracts.
- Leading individuals - Brazil > Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- Electricity - Brazil > Energy and natural resources
- Projects and infrastructure - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media