Mr Luiz Renato Okumura > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Luiz Renato Okumura
Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Bioenergy, Agribusiness
Luiz has been working with corporate law and M&A for over fifteen years, including joint ventures, corporate restructurings, capital market transactions and venture capital structures. He is also part of the firm’s Agribusiness industry group, representing Brazilian and foreign clients in purchase and sale transactions. In addition, Luiz has broad experience in planning and structuring foreign investments in Brazil, in the analysis, drafting and negotiation of highly complex contracts, and in the performance of due diligence procedures.
- Specialized degree in Business Management from Business School São Paulo, 2007.
- LLM degree from the Law School of University of Chicago, Illinois, USA, 2002.
- Graduate of the Law School of USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 1998.
TozziniFreire Advogados is often engaged by well-known Brazilian and international companies in large-scale corporate transactions, particularly those with cross-border aspects. In one recent multi-jurisdictional transaction, recommended partner Francisco Eumene Machado de Oliveira Neto advised Banco Crédit Agricole Brasil on a joint venture with Banco Santander for the combination of its custody and asset management operations. The corporate and M&A department is led by Maria Elisa Gualandi Verri and Marcela Waksman Ejnisman and saw organic growth with the promotions of Fernando Silveira Carvalho and Carla do Couto Hellu Battilana to partner in February 2019; the latter advised Whirlpool on the sale of its compressor business to Nidec Corporation. Martin Miralles Pose, Luiz Renato Okumura, Mauro Guizeline and Silvia Martins de Castro Cunha Zono – who made partner in 2020 – are also key figures in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media