Mr Jerry Levers de Abreu > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Jerry Levers de Abreu
Tax, Automotive, Construction, Education, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Technology & Innovation, Agribusiness, Private Equity & Venture Capital
A specialist in tax law, Jerry has over eighteen years of experience in tax consulting and administrative litigation. He counsels both domestic and foreign clients with an emphasis on indirect taxes and taxation in the automotive, information technology, telecommunications, intellectual property, food, health and cosmetics sectors. Prior to building his tax practice at TozziniFreire, Jerry worked as a tax manager in global audit and consulting companies.
- Studied at the Academy of American and International Law, organized by the Center for American and International Law, USA, 2014.
- Specialized degree in Tax Law from PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2009.
- Graduate of the Law School of USF (Universidade São Francisco), 1999.
TozziniFreire Advogados represents major multinationals from across a range of industries. The firm’s strong corporate presence ensures a steady flow of M&A-related tax advice, as well as support on restructurings, business launches and general day-to-day matters. Gustavo Nygaard leads the well-regarded team, which includes Jerry Levers de Abreu, Vinícius Jucá and Thiago Rulfalco Medaglia, who handles disputes, customs and social security matters. Clients also single out recently promoted partner Erlan Valverde for high praise. Since publication, the team was further strengthened in October 2020 with the hire of indirect tax specialist Lisandra Pacheco, formerly at Schneider, Pugliese, Sztokfisz Figueiredo e Carvalho Advogados, and in February 2021 with the arrival of Renata Emery from Stocche Forbes Advogados.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media