Ms Vera Kanas > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Vera Kanas
International Trade , Automotive , Shipping & Logistics, Agribusiness
Joined TozziniFreire in 1999. Vera became partner in 2011.
English, Spanish and French.
- Vera is on the Indicative List of WTO Panelists for Brazil, elaborated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, according to the Public Notice of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs published by DOU (Official Gazette) on November 16, 2017.
- Professor of customs regulatory matters and the impact of fiscal measures on international trade in the Tax Law postgraduate program at FGV-SP (Fundação Getulio Vargas – São Paulo) since 2017.
- Director of the International Trade Committee of IBRAC (Brazilian Institute of Studies on Competition, Consumer Affairs and International Trade) (2012-2013).
- Professor of Trade Remedies in the International Negotiations postgraduate course at UNESP (Universidade Estadual Paulista) (2004-2008).
- Served in the General-Coordination of WTO Disputes of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, under the coordination of Ambassador Roberto Azevedo, Brasília (2005).
- Attended the Program for Young Lawyers at the Brazilian Mission before the WTO (first class), under the coordination of Professor Vera Thorstensen, Geneva (2003).
- Intern in the Legal Affairs department of the WTO (2002).
- Member of the official Brazilian delegation in the Conference of the Parties on Climate Change, COP-6 (The Hague, 2000) and COP-10 (Buenos Aires, 2004).
- Specialized degree in Business Management from Business School São Paulo, 2007.
- PhD in International Law from USP (Universidade de São Paulo), 2004.
- Master’s degree in International Economic Law from the Université de Paris-I Panthéon-Sorbonne, France, 2002.
- Graduate of the Law School of USP, 1998.
TozziniFreire Advogados has a versatile international trade team that acts for an impressive list of domestic and international companies. Practice head Vera Kanas has over 15 years of experience advising on trade remedies, customs law and trade compliance issues. Recently, the firm has been involved in several Brazilian anti-dumping investigations and public interest assessment procedures. The team also advises clients on the structuring of import and export operations to comply with WTO and other international agreements. Senior associate Carolina Müller is also well regarded in the market.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media