Mr Vinícius Jucá > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Vinícius Jucá
Tax, Litigation, Mining
With extensive experience in consulting and tax litigation, Vinicius is an expert in value-added taxes, such as ICMS, IPI, PIS/COFINS and ISS, having advised clients on various industries such as beverages, cosmetics, automotive, infrastructure, energy and defense. From 2009 to 2010 he worked at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP in the United States.
- Visiting Professor at the Law School of FGV (Fundação Getulio Vargas).
- Member of the Georgetown University Latin America Law Advisory Board.
- Former co-chair of the Brazil Chapter in the International Section at NYSBA (New York State Bar Association).
- Former president of the Georgetown Alumni Club of Brazil.
- Admitted to the New York Bar.
- LLM, with honors, in Tax Law from Georgetown University, where he was a Graduate Tax Scholar, 2009.
- Specialized degree in Economic and Corporate Law from FGV (Fundação Getulio Vargas), 2004.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2002.
TozziniFreire Advogados represents major multinationals from across a range of industries. The firm’s strong corporate presence ensures a steady flow of M&A-related tax advice, as well as support on restructurings, business launches and general day-to-day matters. Gustavo Nygaard leads the well-regarded team, which includes Jerry Levers de Abreu, Vinícius Jucá and Thiago Rulfalco Medaglia, who handles disputes, customs and social security matters. Clients also single out recently promoted partner Erlan Valverde for high praise. Since publication, the team was further strengthened in October 2020 with the hire of indirect tax specialist Lisandra Pacheco, formerly at Schneider, Pugliese, Sztokfisz Figueiredo e Carvalho Advogados, and in February 2021 with the arrival of Renata Emery from Stocche Forbes Advogados.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media