Mr Francisco Eumene Machado de Oliveira Neto > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Francisco Eumene Machado de Oliveira Neto
Corporate Law and Foreign Investment, Mergers and Acquisitions
Francisco advises companies and investors, both domestic and foreign, having significant experience with publicly-held companies and financial institutions. His practice is focused on assisting clients with the purchase and sale of companies, capital market and banking transactions, private equity matters, tender offers, spinoffs, joint ventures, restructuring, foreign investment in Brazil, and general corporate matters. From 1999 to 2005 he worked at Unibanco and in 2006 he served in the legal team at Banco ABN AMRO Real. He also served as a foreign associate at Clifford Chance US LLP from 2007 to 2008.
- LLM in Corporate Law from New York University, USA, 2007.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2000.
TozziniFreire Advogados is often engaged by well-known Brazilian and international companies in large-scale corporate transactions, particularly those with cross-border aspects. In one recent multi-jurisdictional transaction, recommended partner Francisco Eumene Machado de Oliveira Neto advised Banco Crédit Agricole Brasil on a joint venture with Banco Santander for the combination of its custody and asset management operations. The corporate and M&A department is led by Maria Elisa Gualandi Verri and Marcela Waksman Ejnisman and saw organic growth with the promotions of Fernando Silveira Carvalho and Carla do Couto Hellu Battilana to partner in February 2019; the latter advised Whirlpool on the sale of its compressor business to Nidec Corporation. Martin Miralles Pose, Luiz Renato Okumura, Mauro Guizeline and Silvia Martins de Castro Cunha Zono – who made partner in 2020 – are also key figures in the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Life sciences
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- International trade and customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Intellectual property
- TMT: Telecoms and media