Mr Ricardo Stuber > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Mr Ricardo Stuber
Capital Markets, Banking & Finance
Ricardo has over 15 years of experience in the Capital Markets area, focusing on real estate transactions. His expertise encompasses coordinating public offerings of Certificates of Real Estate Receivables (CRI) and debentures; assisting the structuring of Real Estate Investment Funds (FII), Private Equity Investment Funds (FIP) and Credit Rights Investment Funds (FIDC); as well as the structuring of financing administration. Additionally, he assists foreign investors in local transactions; asset managers and publicly-held companies; and several clients in corporate restructuring and financial reorganization proceedings, including in international loans. He was also head of the legal department of a large group in the energy sector, in which he developed, organized and implemented the legal area, comprising corporate, contractual and labor matters.
- Member of IBA (International Bar Association) since 2010 (Corporate and M&A, Banking Law and Securities Law Committees).
- Member of ABA (American Bar Association) since 2013 (Section of International Law).
- Member of IBRADIM (Brazilian Institute of Real Estate Law) (Corporate and Capital Markets Commission).
- M. in International Legal Practice from IE (Instituto de Empresa) Law School, Madrid, Spain, 2011.
- M. Extension held at IE Law School by Northwestern University, Chicago, USA, 2011.
- CBA (Certificate in Business Administration) from IE Law School, Madrid, Spain, in 2010.
- Graduate of the Law School of PUC-SP (Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo), 2004.
TozziniFreire Advogados has a versatile banking group, which is noted for its ‘customised solutions‘. The firm is especially strong in regulatory matters, where it represents a mix of fintech companies, payments providers and banks on a range of related issues, including licensing and partnership agreements. The firm’s transactional practice was also boosted by the arrival of Ricardo Stuber from KLA Advogados; he is particularly experienced in Real Estate Receivables certificates. The team has also been involved in several novel social impact-related financings. The practice is led by the ‘extremely attentive, proactive and agile‘ Alexei Bonamin, with recently promoted partner Marcus Fonseca especially active on the fintech front. Pedro Eroles, whose practice focuses on fintech, payment regulation and cryptocurrency matters, joined from Mattos Filho in August 2022.
TozziniFreire Advogados is regularly involved in domestic and cross-border debt and equity listings. Recently, the firm has developed a good name for advising on ESG-linked products, including green bonds for manufacturing, renewables and infrastructure projects. The firm has established relationships with many of Brazil’s leading financial institutions and has a notable track record acting as counsel to underwriters. Practice head Alexei Bonamin handles a broad range of transactional and regulatory matters and also advises investment funds on related issues. The real estate receivables side of the practice was boosted by the recruitment of partner Ricardo Stuber from KLA Advogados. Gustavo Rabello and Fabíola Augusta Cavalcanti are also active on the debt side.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Tax > Customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property
- White-collar crime and investigations