Ms Renata Emery > TozziniFreire Advogados > Sao Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
TozziniFreire Advogados Offices
R. BORGES LAGOA 1328
SAO PAULO, SP
- Go to...
Ms Renata Emery
Renata Emery has been working in the Tax area for over 20 years and has wide experience in litigation, administrative and judicial matters, as well as in consulting and relevant corporate transactions, reorganizations and tax planning. Additionally, her performance in several international projects gives her deep knowledge of International Tax Law. Renata has several articles published and contributed to the update of the 7th and 8th editions of the book Direito Tributário Internacional do Brasil (International Tax Law of Brazil), by professor Alberto Xavier.
- Member of IBDT (Brazilian Institute of Tax Law) since 2013.
- Correspondent in Brazil of the Tax Service Notes of IBFD (International Bureau of Tax Documentation).
- Researcher in the Research Group of Developing Countries at IBDT/IBFD.
- Professor of the extension course on Strategic Tax Litigation at EMERJ (Rio de Janeiro Magistracy School), 2020.
- Professor of the Advanced International Taxation and Current Taxation courses at IBDT Jurisprudence, 2020.
- Postgraduate degree in Accounting from FGV (Fundação Getulio Vargas), 1999.
- Graduate of the Law School of UCAM (Universidade Candido Mendes), 1997.
TozziniFreire Advogados is praised for the ‘personalised service and excellence‘ of its tax team, which assists clients from across a wide range of industries. The firm’s sizeable department allows for a strong degree of specialisation in key areas such as direct tax, indirect tax and customs law, from both a contentious and non-contentious perspective. The team continues to expand following the recruitment of highly rated Brasília-based federal tax litigator Alberto Medeiros from Stocche Forbes Advogados, and the promotion of litigation partner Bruno Teixeira, who is praised for his ‘great efficiency‘. Other key partners include practice co-heads Gustavo Nygaard, for corporate tax, and Renata Emery, for advisory and contentious matters. Lisandra Pacheco and Thiago Rulfalco Medaglia are lead contacts for customs-related issues. Vinícius Jucá is no longer at the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Competition and antitrust
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Tax
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Tax > Customs
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Dispute resolution
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- City focus - Brasilia > Government relations
- Public law
- TMT: Cybersecurity and data privacy
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- International trade
- City focus - Porto Alegre > Labour
- Life sciences
- Projects and infrastructure
- City focus - Brasilia > Public law and regulation
- Real estate
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- TMT: Media
- TMT: Telecoms
- Intellectual property
- White-collar crime and investigations