Andrew Davalla > Thompson Hine LLP > Columbus, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
41 SOUTH HIGH STREET
COLUMBUS, OH 43215-6101
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities
Privacy & Cybersecurity
Andrew is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities and Investment Management practice groups. With more than 15 years of in-house industry experience, most recently as senior vice president and counsel for a global investment management firm, he has a keen understanding and appreciation of issues from the investment manager’s perspective.
Andrew has extensive experience in providing ongoing representation of and advice to open-end investment companies, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), interval funds and their independent directors/trustees. His experience also includes advising on the full range of securities and compliance issues related to fund development and structuring, investment management agreements, third-party service agreements, corporate governance, fund mergers and acquisitions involving investment advisers. Having served in the role of privacy officer, he also gained valuable experience with data privacy and information security issues.
Andrew is licensed to practice in Ohio and New York.
Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
Fordham University, B.A.
Primarily based in the firm’s Columbus office, the team at Thompson Hine LLP is active across a wide range of ETF and mutual funds matters. Michael Wible handles regulatory work for investment companies, while Andrew Davalla counts open-end fund and ETF work as core areas of expertise. Also noted are JoAnn Strasser in Columbus, and Bibb Strench in the Washington DC office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate