Michael Wible > Thompson Hine LLP > Columbus, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
41 SOUTH HIGH STREET
COLUMBUS, OH 43215-6101
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities
Mike is the partner in charge of our Columbus office and a partner in our Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. His practice includes counseling investment companies, investment advisers and broker-dealers on issues related to the creation and offering of investment products and services. Mike concentrates on regulatory matters, including the organization, registration and operation of investment companies and investment advisers. He has experience in the development of new products and services, the development and implementation of compliance programs, the organization of domestic and offshore investment vehicles, the operation of municipal fund securities, and the merger and acquisition of investment companies and investment advisers.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Mike served as counsel for Bank One Corporation where he was responsible for advising the bank’s asset management line of business. Before Bank One, Mike served as special counsel in the Office of Insurance Products, Division of Investment Management at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, focusing on variable annuity and variable life insurance products.
American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 1987, cum laude
Miami University, B.A., 1984, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Primarily based in the firm’s Columbus office, the team at Thompson Hine LLP is active across a wide range of ETF and mutual funds matters. Michael Wible handles regulatory work for investment companies, while Andrew Davalla counts open-end fund and ETF work as core areas of expertise. Also noted are JoAnn Strasser in Columbus, and Bibb Strench in the Washington DC office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate