Michael Wible > Thompson Hine LLP > Columbus, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
41 SOUTH HIGH STREET
COLUMBUS, OH 43215-6101
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities/Investment Management/Investment Adviser Lawyers
Mike is the partner in charge of our Columbus office and a partner in our Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. His practice includes counseling investment companies, investment advisers and broker-dealers on issues related to the creation and offering of investment products and services. Mike concentrates on regulatory matters, including the organization, registration and operation of investment companies and investment advisers. He has experience in the development of new products and services, the development and implementation of compliance programs, the organization of domestic and offshore investment vehicles, the operation of municipal fund securities, and the merger and acquisition of investment companies and investment advisers.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Mike served as counsel for Bank One Corporation where he was responsible for advising the bank’s asset management line of business. Before Bank One, Mike served as special counsel in the Office of Insurance Products, Division of Investment Management at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, focusing on variable annuity and variable life insurance products.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., 1987, cum laude
- Miami University, B.A., 1984, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Under the leadership of JoAnn Strasser, the team at Thompson Hine LLP counsels a diverse client base on product development decisions, mergers and reorganizations, SEC examinations, and compliance issues. A particular area of expertise for Strasser is that of alternative funds, including managed futures funds with off-shore subsidiaries, closed-end interval funds, fund-of-fund and master feeder structures, and long-short and absolute return funds. Columbus is the firm’s hub for registered funds work, fielding not only the practice head, but also Andrew Davalla – who brings more than 15 years of in-house experience to the group – and office managing partner Michael Wible. Over in Washington DC, Bibb Strench is noted for his knowledge of unique fund structures and ETF products, smart contacts and other blockchain innovations and start-up ETF firms.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense