Laura Ryan > Thompson Hine LLP > Cincinnati, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
312 WALNUT STREET, 14TH FLOOR
CINCINNATI, OH 45202-4089
- Go to...
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation/ERISA Litigation/Privacy & Cybersecurity
Laura is a partner in firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group. She focuses her practice on the design, maintenance and termination of tax-qualified retirement plans and trusts; analysis of employee benefit issues in the context of corporate mergers and acquisitions; welfare plan and flexible benefit plan administration and documentation; various aspects of executive compensation including establishment and maintenance of non-qualified deferred compensation plans; IRS and Department of Labor plan audits; governmental reporting obligations; compliance with ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules; and corrective actions under regulatory relief programs.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1992
- Northern Kentucky University, B.S., 1989, cum laude
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
Thompson Hine LLP advises on a range of benefits matters, including 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans, deferred compensation arrangements, including Section 409A compliance issues, as well as health and welfare plans. In Cleveland, Julia Ann Love leads the practice and focuses on group health plan rules under the Affordable Care Act, while Washington DC-based Dominic DeMatties advises on ERISA compliance issues relating to tax-qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements. Other key members of the team include David Whaley, Timothy Brown, Kim Wilcoxon and Laura Ryan, who are all based in the firm’s Cincinnati office.
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense