Laura Ryan > Thompson Hine LLP > Cincinnati, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
312 WALNUT STREET, 14TH FLOOR
CINCINNATI, OH 45202-4089
- Go to...
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Privacy & Cybersecurity
Laura is a partner in firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group. She focuses her practice on the design, maintenance and termination of tax-qualified retirement plans and trusts; analysis of employee benefit issues in the context of corporate mergers and acquisitions; welfare plan and flexible benefit plan administration and documentation; various aspects of executive compensation including establishment and maintenance of non-qualified deferred compensation plans; IRS and Department of Labor plan audits; governmental reporting obligations; compliance with ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules; and corrective actions under regulatory relief programs.
From 2001-2005 Laura served as senior attorney for Convergys Corporation. The combination of her years of experience in private practice and as in-house counsel to a large public corporation with a global footprint provides her with unique and valuable perspective and experience.
University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1992
Northern Kentucky University, B.S., 1989, cum laude
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
The Cincinnati-based team at Thompson Hine LLP is retained by a diverse roster of clients – including notable names in healthcare and financial services – to offer administrative support on the full range of benefits plans. Laura Ryan, Kim Wilcoxon, David Whaley and Timothy Brown advise on group health and wellness programs (including compliance with the Affordable Care Acts and HIPAA), 401(k), defined benefit retirement plans and executive deferred compensation packages. The team also provides fiduciary risk-management training. Julia Ann Love now leads the employee benefits practice group.
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate