Kim Wilcoxon > Thompson Hine LLP > Cincinnati, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
312 WALNUT STREET, 14TH FLOOR
CINCINNATI, OH 45202-4089
- Go to...
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Privacy & Cybersecurity
Kim is a partner in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group. Kim has significant experience advising employers and other benefit plan professionals on welfare benefit plan matters. She helps clients respond to increased plan costs and legal changes by analyzing various plan designs and associated risks; closely following legal developments and offering practical, proactive advice; reviewing and negotiating service provider agreements; helping health plans update HIPAA privacy and security compliance and providing employee training; drafting and reviewing plan documentation and participant communications; consulting on benefit claims and appeals; and answering questions relating to the Affordable Care Act, the mental health parity rules, HIPAA, COBRA, health savings accounts, nondiscrimination requirements, cafeteria plan rules, taxation of benefits, and other welfare benefit matters. In addition, Kim counsels employers on all aspects of retirement plans and executive compensation arrangements, including 401(k) plan design and administration, pension plan administration, 409A compliance, fiduciary counseling, and benefits issues in corporate transactions.
University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2001, Order of the Coif
Miami University, B.A., 1998, summa cum laude
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design(Next Generation Partners)
The Cincinnati-based team at Thompson Hine LLP is retained by a diverse roster of clients – including notable names in healthcare and financial services – to offer administrative support on the full range of benefits plans. Laura Ryan, Kim Wilcoxon, David Whaley and Timothy Brown advise on group health and wellness programs (including compliance with the Affordable Care Acts and HIPAA), 401(k), defined benefit retirement plans and executive deferred compensation packages. The team also provides fiduciary risk-management training. Julia Ann Love now leads the employee benefits practice group.
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate