Kim Wilcoxon > Thompson Hine LLP > Cincinnati, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
312 WALNUT STREET, 14TH FLOOR
CINCINNATI, OH 45202-4089
- Go to...
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation/Privacy & Cybersecurity
Kim is a partner in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group. She helps employers and service providers understand and apply the complex and ever-changing rules relating to employee benefit plans, with a special focus on health and welfare plans. She assists employers by analyzing various plan designs; closely following legal developments and offering proactive advice on issues such as the Affordable Care Act, surprise billing, transparency requirements, mental health parity compliance, wellness programs, HIPAA, COBRA, consumer-driven health plans, nondiscrimination requirements, and cafeteria plans; drafting and reviewing plan documentation and participant communications; consulting on benefit claims and appeals; and reviewing and negotiating service provider agreements.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2001, Order of the Coif
- Miami University, B.A., 1998, summa cum laude
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design(Next Generation Partners)
Thompson Hine LLP advises on a range of benefits matters, including 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans, deferred compensation arrangements, including Section 409A compliance issues, as well as health and welfare plans. In Cleveland, Julia Ann Love leads the practice and focuses on group health plan rules under the Affordable Care Act, while Washington DC-based Dominic DeMatties advises on ERISA compliance issues relating to tax-qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements. Other key members of the team include David Whaley, Timothy Brown, Kim Wilcoxon and Laura Ryan, who are all based in the firm’s Cincinnati office.
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense