Timothy Brown > Thompson Hine LLP > Cincinnati, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
312 WALNUT STREET, 14TH FLOOR
CINCINNATI, OH 45202-4089
- Go to...
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Tim is a partner in the Employee Benefits practice group and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. As former chair, Tim led the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice for 12 years. His niche is counseling companies on fiduciary compliance and benefit and executive compensation compliance matters. He has broad-based experience in virtually every aspect of employee benefits and executive compensation, including transactions, retirement programs, compensation arrangements, ERISA litigation, fiduciary compliance/counseling, IRS/DOL audits, welfare plans, pension termination/de-risking strategies and trust/service agreements.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Xavier University, B.S.B.A., 1984, magna cum laude
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
Thompson Hine LLP advises on a range of benefits matters, including 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans, deferred compensation arrangements, including Section 409A compliance issues, as well as health and welfare plans. In Cleveland, Julia Ann Love leads the practice and focuses on group health plan rules under the Affordable Care Act, while Washington DC-based Dominic DeMatties advises on ERISA compliance issues relating to tax-qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements. Other key members of the team include David Whaley, Timothy Brown, Kim Wilcoxon and Laura Ryan, who are all based in the firm’s Cincinnati office.
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense