Bibb Strench > Thompson Hine LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
1919 M STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20036-3537
- Go to...
Corporate Transactions & Securities
Bibb is a partner in the Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He focuses on exchange-traded funds (ETFs), exchange-traded products (ETPs), closed-end funds, mutual funds and investment advisers. Bibb provides advice on regulatory, compliance, entity formation, auditor independence, corporate governance and other issues related to the operation of the aforementioned businesses. He has experience with unique fund structures and ETF products, smart contacts and other blockchain innovations and start-up ETF firms.
Bibb began his career as a staff attorney in the Division of Investment Management of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, where he was principally responsible for granting exemptive orders and responding to no-action and interpretive requests under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940. He has argued 1940 Act issues in federal and state courts, including the landmark mutual fund independent director case, Yacktman v. Carson, et al, and participated in the development of the Uniform Statutory Trust Entity Act.
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1988
Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1984, magna cum laude
Primarily based in the firm’s Columbus office, the team at Thompson Hine LLP is active across a wide range of ETF and mutual funds matters. Michael Wible handles regulatory work for investment companies, while Andrew Davalla counts open-end fund and ETF work as core areas of expertise. Also noted are JoAnn Strasser in Columbus, and Bibb Strench in the Washington DC office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate