Ray McCann > Thompson Hine LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
1919 M STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20036-3537
- Go to...
Ray is senior counsel in the Government Contracts and Construction groups. He has broad and deep experience in federal government, international and commercial contract and software licensing law, including drafting, negotiating and managing government and defense, international and commercial contracts and subcontracts, software licenses, and teaming and other agreements. His extensive experience also encompasses litigation/litigation management, mergers and acquisitions, FOCI negation, antitrust, project financing, employment law, investigations, and ethics and environmental compliance.
Prior to entering private practice, Ray served for over 26 years as general counsel, secretary and vice president for multiple telecommunications and high technology companies located in the United States (CenturyLink, Qwest, Raytheon and Hughes), Australia (Tenix) and the United Kingdom (Invensys).
Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 1986
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1979
United States Military Academy at West Point, B.S., 1973
The ‘exceptionally well-put-together‘ government contracts practice at Thompson Hine LLP is noted for its ‘expertise and experience‘ in corporate transactions, suspension and debarment actions, bid protests and whistleblower cases. The team is led by Thomas Mason and includes lawyers with experience of contracting matters in a variety of industries, including IT, biodefense and life sciences, telecoms, defense, intelligence and homeland security, and transportation. Litigators Ray McCann and Francis Purcell deal with pre- and post-award disputes as well as corporate due diligence matters, and Joe Berger is active in bid protests and FCA litigation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate