Sandra Brown > Thompson Hine LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
1919 M STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20036-3537
- Go to...
Sandy is a member of Thompson Hine’s Executive Committee and a partner in the firm’s Transportation group. She represents bulk commodity shippers and other entities that use transportation services. Her clients include Fortune 500 companies, electric utilities, government entities and ports that buy, sell or move coal, aggregates, chemicals, crude oil and other hazardous materials by rail. Sandy also has past experience representing a Class I Railroad. This unique blend of experience assists Sandy in providing strategic counsel for the transportation of bulk commodities. Sandy counsels on ways to increase competitive leverage including counsel on rail construction options, contract negotiation and drafting, federal preemption, rate challenges, rail service and practices, rail mergers and other regulatory proceedings before the Surface Transportation Board. Sandy also defends shippers in contract and derailment disputes with railroads.
Before entering private practice, Sandy worked on Capitol Hill and worked as an attorney with the White House Counsel’s office and the Interstate Commerce Commission.
Ohio Northern University, J.D., 1993
Goshen College, B.A., 1990
Thompson Hine LLP acts for shippers, intermediaries, and carriers in a wide variety of motor carrier and rail transport matters, including regulatory rulemaking proceedings before Department of Transportation, and other federal agencies. Washington DC-based practice head Karyn Booth specializes in railroad safety proceedings before the Federal Railroad Administration, and also advises on railroad contracts and tariffs. Sandra Brown stands out for her experience working with bulk commodity shippers and other entities that use transportation services.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment funds > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate