Francis E. Purcell > Thompson Hine LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
1919 M STREET NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20036-3537
- Go to...
Francis E. Purcell
Francis E. “Chip” Purcell, Jr. is the leader of the Government Contracts practice group. He focuses his practice on all aspects of government contracts law and litigation.
Chip counsels clients on issues involving the formation and performance of government contracts, and represents clients in pre- and post-award disputes involving the government as well as prime contractors and subcontractors. He assists clients in conducting due diligence relative to mergers and acquisitions of government contractors, drafting teaming agreements and subcontracts, addressing organizational conflicts of interest, protecting intellectual property in government contract transactions, addressing small business and other socioeconomic issues and conducting contractor compliance training and internal investigations.
Chip represents clients in disputes before federal courts and administrative bodies, including the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and the Government Accountability Office. He also advises clients on issues involving commercial contracting under government agency programs, including the General Services Administration’s Federal Supply Schedule program.
- The Catholic Univ of America Columbus Sch Law, J.D., 1994
- Duke University, B.A., with honors, 1989
The Washington DC-based team at Thompson Hine LLP continues to support and advise clients throughout the public procurement process. Strong in the life sciences sector, the group is also strong in the telecoms, intelligence, professional services, construction, and logistics industries. The team is under the new leadership of Francis Purcell, who specializes in federal contract and grand performance issues. Thomas Mason is also a key member of the practice, with extensive trial and appellate litigation experience across both commercial and government contracts litigation. The team also expanded with the addition of Ryan Spiegel from Paley Rothman, and Jessica Haire from VH Law. Haire has extensive expertise in advising clients on construction projects across the full spectrum of contract issues. Spiegel’s addition bolsters the team’s business counselling, regulatory compliance, and litigation offering.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense